Tony Stark

Thanks! I’ll try that out and see if it works.

I didn’t have very much time today, so only smaller updates:

Looking much better, but the lighting is bothering me - the blue light is coming from the side there on his right, but the blue light is generated from the hologram in front of him. In front of him, he is lit yellow like from a direct light above, but there would probably be less light of that kind in a room where he is working with hologram displays… I hope that makes some sense to you.

Hey this has turned out great! Well done! My only 2 cents would be to blend his beard out a bit… But that might be the look you are after. You did a great job!

way better, but he need more 10 years old to be perfect…
add more details and make the expression stronger!

@Craig: Thanks for pointing that out. I knew it was a little weird, but when I tried to light it from below it threw everything off and made him look like he was telling a cheesy ghost story or something. I think this result is the best compromise.

@Shakedowm: Great idea! I added a bit of stubble but I might make it a little more dense.

@Pablo: Thanks! The age should definitely show more when I texture paint.

Two days left and I still haven’t done texture painting… Good thing tomorrow is the weekend :slight_smile:

His beard looks great with the added stubble! Good luck this weekend with the texture painting!

Thanks Shadedown! Here’s today’s update:

The texture painting is subtle, but I think it adds a bit of detail. Thoughts?
I also made the hairline blend a ton better, check out the difference!

That looks really cool, but I think it needs more texture painting.

i would recommend to add scratches, but it depends on what the story of the image is… like he came from the desert?
also in the hologram helmet you could break or crack some part and then the hologram will turn red in those areas… indicating the type of damage.
maybe it will explain why he’s looking at the hologram in the first place!

Thanks guys! Since today is the last day before I render the final, I’ll focus on trying to get a better skin result. I have a few scratches here and there, but nothing major. I also added some things where he had gaps in his armor, so hopefully that makes it look more detailed.
@pranavjitvirdi: That’s a good idea, I’ll see if I have the time.

I did a test render full size overnight to make sure things were ok in high res:

Looks great! but you really need to pour on the small imperfections on his face, Its way too clean right now.

Heh, heh! I like the labels, h2-jonathan h2-lampel!

Thanks!
I tried to improve the face, but I can only do a few more tweaks before I render the final in a couple hours. I’ll also do some minor touch up in Photoshop. The next render will be in the Finished Projects section.

Thanks for all the critiques, they definitely helped me a lot!

Looks great! The lesser amount of detail gives it a cooler look!

I like his Hair!!!