Theme manager 1.4.0 (August 27th)

This is a bug which I think is caused by the popup not being refreshed correctly. It might be related to this report.

SuperSonicSimon: I’ve added your theme to the list. The cream colour is pretty easy on the eyes.

Darrell and delic: it’s a good idea to add a default preview of the theme to the list. It should give a good overview of different areas though (so not just the 3d-view, but also for instance the dopesheet and some keyed and driven values). Is there anybody who wants to create a proposal blend-file to be used as the default scene setup?

I’m using blender 2.57 trunk 36147.
When I try to install the addon this appears:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\PROGRA~1\BLENDE~1\Blender\2.57\scripts\startup\bl_ui\space_userpref.py”, line 1075, in execute
pyfile = self.filepath
File “C:\PROGRA~1\BLENDE~1\Blender\2.57\scripts\modules\bpy_types.py”, line 626, in getattribute
return getattr(properties, attr)
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe7 in position 60: invalid continuation byte

What can I do?

It works perfectly on my copy of 36147…

UPDATE: I spoke too soon!

I can now confirm a repeatable crash using Theme Manager under 36147:

Open Blender
Ctrl+Alt+U
Click the Theme tab
Click the Load Theme button
Click your custom theme to load it
Immediately close the user preferences window
CRASH every time

Workaround:

Repeat steps one through five above
Wait about 10 or 15 seconds and then close the user preferences window
No crash

Does it take a few seconds for something to load and if it is not given sufficient time it crashes Blender? Seems a bit like the tail wagging the dog…

genio84: I’ve just replied to your report on the MotionTrail tracker where you experience the same problem. I think your problem is caused by a bug in Blender, not by a bug in the add-ons themselves. Of course that doesn’t help you much, but it will help the developers to find and fix the problem.

MikeJ: Unfortunately I can’t reproduce your problem on my computer. Could you please toggle the console (Help menu --> Toggle System Console), and see if you get any messages in it?
Also, what operating system are you on and could you upload the theme file that causes the crash (or does it also crash with the themes in this list)?

So I need to wait until the bug is fixed, right?

FOUND THE SOLUTION!

I went to the text editor, paste the script there, hit RUN SCRIPT and no errors were found.

My conclusion: This is a bug of the Preferences addons installer.

Small bug: When I hit run script multiple times, the buttons appear multiple times.

genio84: the problem is indeed in the addons installer. It can’t handle filepaths with non-anglican characters in it.
Running the script from the text editor does work, but is normally only used for testing during development. The buttons appearing multiple times is expected behaviour (you don’t want to see what my screen looks like when writing the scripts ;)) and doesn’t happen when the script is properly run as an add-on.

More than seeing your screen, I would like you to teach me python because about blender python, I don’t understand nothing (but I know something about that programming language). Nice addon.

Sorry for not stating it, but the console reveals nothing. Just says that the theme was opened. I’m on WinXP32.

I am unable to upload my .blt file because BA.org claims it is an invalid file???

I just had an idea about the thumbnails… is it possible to show a thumbnail preview in the filebrowser when selecting a theme file to load? (Similarly to the way it loads thumbnails of image files)?

genio84: the best advice I can give is to read some simple scripts (or the script templates that Blender ships with) and bookmark the api.

MikeJ: blenderartists only allow certain type of files, and .blt is not one of them. You’ll have to upload the file somewhere else, or you could try renaming it (eg mytheme.blt > mytheme.blend) and see if BA accepts it.

Darrell: the problem with including a thumbnail preview in the .blt file is that it’ll probably more than doubles the size of the file. There are also a lot of related cross-platform issues which I’d rather evade.

Hi Bart,

I can’t wait to try this out, but I have an issue.

System theme manager is showing up in my list of addons under the system category, but it won’t allow me to select the checkbox to enable it.

Other checkboxes work fine, and I’m using Blender 2.57 36147 on Windows 7.

Thanks!

Edit: I installed 2.57b and it works now! Thanks for this Crouch! Cheers. :slight_smile:

http://www.box.net/shared/y9ueaggfb7

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/6396/themetl.th.png

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is kinda off topic, but has anyone come across an option to change the color of text on tool tips? By default it’s white, but I want it to be black, and this trivial matter is preventing me from calling my custom theme complete. :frowning:

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, thank you again Bart and Jos for your efforts. It’s really nice to be able to customize my Blender theme again. Cheers.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2761/customblender25theme.jpg

I’ve updated the repository page with images.
You can find it here.

If there are any themes I’ve missed, if you want to add a ‘More info’ link, or if you don’t want your theme to be in the repository, please let me know.

Unhurdof: I don’t think you can change tooltips. Time to start bugging the developers ;).

Excellent addition, now I can check them visually without trying them (I have experienced strange behaviours when trying in succession several themes: if I will be able to reproduce the problem I will post more infomation).

Crouch i creating installer for collection of blender ad-dons , can i have permission to add your script in my installer.

Some of the themes show different colors for the Location, Rotation and Scale inputs in the Transform subpanel. I don’t see those different colors when I import. Is this for a special build or is there a setting that I am missing?

*Nevermind. I see them now. Associated with animation

The theme manager script is GPL licensed, so that shouldn’t be any problem.

Thats fine if you consider themes to be just colour schemes. BUT I have a raft of users interested over at LUXOLOGY / Modo - and I am sure its the case where other apps are concerned - who would love to have a MODO Coloured Theme PLUS the Key Map setup for MODO Keys / Key strokes and mouse.

A one stop, simple to use, theme manager that can just stop at colour schemes if thats all you wish but is also with an additional simpler toolset for the making of different keymaps for compatibility with other apps. This surely would increase Blender use by other app users as the transition would be simpler?

Just my two cents
Aidan