The Ring of the Monkey Pirate King

Stunning! Love the design on the ring

Cool, man. I didn’t know they could print in silver, I thought it was limited to resin.

looking at the website, they can print in a number of precious metals which is pretty cool. be nice to print out some 14k bling (probably expensive though!)

Soo… These aren’t 3d renders? Either way, looks very detailed and interesting. Nice job, and congrats on making it to the Gallery/featured list!

he posted the original cycles renders in post 3, the first 2 posts are the finished 3D print out.

The renders look way better than the photos.

insane! welldone!

Where did you get it printed, or did you print it yourself.

Oh. My. God. This is incredible!
I wish I could do something like this… Nice work!
Some people already asked this question above, but: the first pictures are photographs, right?

beautiful, very well made.

Really nice work there mate.

Awesome fotoos / renders ben!

They can do a whole range of materials, including several types of metals: http://i.materialise.com/materials

[QUOTE=BenDansie;2285715]Full images, click to enlarge:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]212677[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212679[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212680[/ATTACH]
Funny ! I was about to criticize the coins displacement texture… You’ve got me :slight_smile:

http://i.materialise.com/materials/silver

Thanks all for the responses and the feature/top row!

To clarify, first two posts are all photos, third post is Cycles renders. The attachments for post three got weirdly uploaded the first time and might not have worked, possibly confusing some. The ‘end result’ of the project is the 3d print of course.

Minimum detail is marked as 0.3mm because while it is not the minimum print resolution as such, it is the smallest sized detail likely to be noticed at the end of the process above the general texture of the print.

Yes, I do agree that the renders are nicer than the photos. In my eagerness to share I jumped the gun a bit as I mentioned, both in the polish not being finished and the photos not being super well lit and so on. I’m at the beach this week and wanted to post before I left. :slight_smile: More images when I get back and finish.

In terms of selling them, I intend this to be a one off for myself. That was always the plan.

However, the other part of the plan now that I know what limits to play with is to make more pieces that are for sale. Also warming to the idea of designs to put on thingiverse just to see what happens. Different objects, materials and so on. It seems the high detail stainless steel material might be the next one to look into.

Rings might be a little while though. Only because I want to be sure people can order the right sizes for themselves and have the designs fit comfortably. This ring is a little on the loose side for me, so want to iron that out first. Pendants for example can be one size fits all.

One more thing for now, I did an article for the latest Blenderart magazine which is out now. The article covers the previous 3d printed jewelry piece I finished if people are interested. Hope you find the issue a good read. Yet to download it myself (borrowing an iPad quickly to reply here.)

Once again, thanks for the interest, more to come later!

Asome, well done. Is fantastic and is like so real. You remember me Pirates of Caribeans “1”, with the tresor of 200 coins, if im correct. ;-D

Axel, it is real, he got it 3d printed in silver. But ya it is awesome.

This looks like pure amazingness!!!

I want that ring!

We Strattera Generic canals knocking Seroquel 50 Mg smeared rope Buy Acetaminophen visit lesson Soma Online amounts waterproof Augmentin Generic bricks draft banks.

great idea – awsome result!