The object doesn't reflect light as it should

It seems to me that the part that’s supposed to be in the light is in the shade and the part in the shade is in the light.This is DAZ3d model and as you can see light doesn’t work as it should. Tried to import the model in obj and fbx. Doesn’t work both in cycles and eevee. Any thoughts how to fix it?

First off, welcome to the community, @heartunderblade!

Off the top of my head, this sounds like it could be an inverted normals issue. I would select your object, TAB into Edit Mode, select all your geometry with A, and press Shift + N. That should recalculate your normals to the outside of your object. Give that a try and let us know how it goes!

1 Like

I thought the same but inverting didn’t fix it

I know you’re a new user, but are you able to post a screenshot of your issue?

No i can’t. I made a reddit post. You can see how it looks like there: https://www.reddit.com/r/blender/comments/1bqvzos/the_object_doesnt_reflect_light_as_it_should/

Ah…looks like a Z-fighting issue. I am unfamiliar with DAZ3D, but it looks almost like you have the geometry of two models on top of each other and the Viewport struggles to know which geometry is on top, so it lights some of it and shades some of it.

If I had that issue, I’d TAB into Edit Mode on your Genesis object, deselect all with a double tap of A, hover your mouse over your geometry and select connected with L. If you do have the geometry of two models in your object, it should select just the vertices connected to one of them, and you can delete them with X.

I tried. still not working(. But I created new scene and light started to work on fbx model and on obj model i have to light in a different direction so it light the part that I need but it still doesn’t work in cycles