The Most Dangerous Game

OK, your total shiza is great. REALLY LIKE IT! I dig the economical hair and eyebrows and great expressiveness.

Go Team!

Thanks a lot. There’s so much work done, and infinitely more to do. But working 10 hour per day, all the week give me some good result. And every day I learn something new. I think maybe it will be interesting to do some specifics tutorials. At this moment Blender is becoming all of my life. Blender is open all the day, I think Blender, I dream Blender, this is a little bit crazy, but a very interesting experience.

And for the shader, I’ve just learned (last Saturday only) there is a good feature on Blender called the non-progressive integrator since the 2.64. Why I missed that wonderful lovely feature ?! The render is really really faster and on my quad 1.5GHz core processor (cheap isn’t it), a character render take around 15min instead of 1h30 and have nearly no noise.

And thanks FBX, I’m very proud to have you “convinced”. A team work should be cool.

I didn’t even know about the non progressive integrator. Thanks for mentioning that. I too have been consumed by blender at times. It’s a good thing to be consumed with.

Yes the non progressive was appeared discreetly. As we said in french, I dont even know how to translate it : c’est complètement passé à coté de la trappe !!! Nevertheless it is changed my life. I sit an exam today, and launched a 100 frames animation It took only 9 hours. With the old progressive render, on the same time, I could only render 7 or 8 frames.

Would you pass me the phone number of eve, thx.

555-2368 who you gonna call?

Robert dressed WIP

That is a very good project !
The characters are very cool, great attitudes.

I loved The Most Dangerous Game, it’s so cool that you’re animating it :smiley:

Thank you Lollito and Fennec, your encouragement goes straight to my heart, and gave me the force to continue my journey. An other render before I go to sleep : Rainsford boots WIP:

cheers!

A little unfinished squid for tonight. I had to work on a command today -_-

uh oh, that will be fun to animate. :spin:

I don’t even know how to do that :S . Hopefully it will be kind to use armature like curve modifier, you know, you have certain points to displace and the others are following “smoothly” to make a beautiful curve. I’ve seen the Kent Trammell’s tuto on CG cookies, concerning the Spiral Phone. But maybe there is a better way than using a curve modifier, with specific Vertex group for each tentacles.

hello everybody, I haven’t posted works since a couple of days, because I had to work on a command. So I had recovered some old stuff I’ve done on the past.

And the last work I’ve done on the logo. It’s maybe the fist time since 4 years, I have an idea of the logo. I think with more ornament around the circles, it could be interesting.

And finally I have rigged the squid with traditional armature. 14 bones per tentacle, with 5 segment for each bones, and auto IK allowed. Finally it’s quite simple. And because I had many troubles with the suckers (is it the good word?) so I made them with particles system, with 1 particle per frame jittering, and a vertex group to countrol the lenght, made with a weight gradient, so smaller is the tentacle’s radius smaller is the sucker.

And a few work done on Eve’s coat, using the same material as Rainsford’s boots (a simple mix between a Diffuse and a 0.3 Rought Glossy, and an other 0.05 Glossy mixed with a 1.1 Fresnel. The color is done by a Layer Weight Facing used to mix a very dark brown and a red lighter brown). Finally I haven’t used any texture except the color map for her face. I is more graphically coherent. I hope the mix with Architecture and Landscape will works well.

This stuff looks really great. I’m looking forward to updates.

The others are really nice and well done, but this is just cool :stuck_out_tongue: My favourite of the ones on this thread!

you are thinking of spline IK. they used it for the dragon tail in sintel. cool updates.