The Bird - blend file included

awesome work with the feathers and such but I think they eyes are weak and with weak I mean flat.
They feel like not finished because the rest is so well executed with detail.

I think I would go with more 3D mesh modeling for the eyes iris and such to give them more depth.

It´s just a vertex colour layer. You can make 8 vertex colour slot per mesh and use them with the dedicated output

I do agree and I’m studying how to make more advanced eyes :slight_smile:

you know, if you upload a normal speed video somewhere, I’d watch it as a tutorial.

Thanks! i eventually found by closing the file and re-opening it. Looks really nice all in all… i noticed some items like the projection on some meshes, i guess i need to learn what it actually does

Man i liked seeing you model that birdy! great job once again

It looks a little bit creepy, but nonetheless greate work.

Thank you for the timelaps!

Good one. I’ve found many useful steps there in you tutorial…

What a nice idea to let us see via onedrive.live how powerfull our PC is :wink:
The beginning seen, but waiting several hour more … interrupted.

In any case really great!

It looks a bit psychotic, but it’s a totally cool bird.

is there any good tutorials for this process. im unfamiliar with this process, and dont understand exactly what you mean

Well usual process is to sculpt the rough shape, retopo the character and then sculpt details with multiresolution modifier. Unwrap the mesh, bake displacement and normals and go ahead with painting, hairs…

while here you just sculpt, paint, hair and shade.

As usual… STUNNING!

Super Awesome!

im not familiar with the grooming of the hairs what not

Impressive stuff! The video is really helpful too, Thankyou!

Thank you for sharing, making feathers this way was a real eye opener for me!

Looks like some Pixar character)
Great job, looks really cute)

Thank you for sharing. I tried to copy it but got lost when you started to detail the eyes. I couldn’t see what settings you were using for the sculpting brush.

I think I need to get a new computer too. I couldn’t get the scene to render until I had removed all the feathers and the bird, leaving only the eyes and the branch. Blender kept blowing up and disappearing just about the time that the Windows Task Manager noted that I was using 100% of the CPU. :frowning:

Even with the latest and strongest cpu in the World, blender will use it at 100% but you may check your ram capacity.
4 Gb is too short, 8 is descent, 16 is confortable for most scenes.