The Bird - blend file included

Watched the whole making of video and all I can say is wow… just wow! :slight_smile:
Thanx for sharing the blend file too, there are a few shaders I’d really love to look at

Well people, I wasn’t expecting such a success with this one.
I’m really happy you people liked it and please have fun with the blend file.

I’d really like to see you having a trial with this process, it’s pure pleasure, just sculpting, painting, adding fure without any care for topology or uvmapping.

Just make sure you decimate your mesh after the sculpt using remesh modifier. Most of the time you can reduce the mesh density from 50 to 80% without any detail loss and it will help you with vertex painting and vertex group edition.

This is fantastic. I love the time lapse video. Thanks very much for sharing everything…video, nodes, files. Seriously, its great, thank you.

so cute ! i love the way you made the body feathers

Nice image !

Cutest little character. Your modeling and sculpting procedures are very efficient and show incredible mastery of the tools. Thanks for sharing - not only the model, but most of all the accompanying timelapse.

Very well done, and thank you for the share ! Very educational.
[edit] - how does one enable the rendering of the feathers in the Blend file ? I assume this is Cycles ? (very new at rendering in Blender here)

In the scene properties you have to remove the simplify option.
plus, you have to enable the hair modifier in viewport mode clicking the eye icon.

Hi guies, thanks for the top row.

I enjoyed your sculpting timelapse, thanks for sharing.

Cute character!

Take a bow. That timelapse is a truly wonderful process to watch.

You done it again! Amazing man!

That’s a cute bird! And thanks for posting the blend file along with it too! Exclamation marks!

In the scene properties you have to remove the simplify option.
plus, you have to enable the hair modifier in viewport mode clicking the eye icon.

Thank you for the explanations ! This is enlightening.
Merci !

Awsome work, man!

Good job! Good to see you on the top row again :slight_smile:

Awesome share! Thank you!

Beautiful! Amazing work man, really inspiring :slight_smile:

So both of you made this??? not clear to me
Thanks for the download, ill try to study it and learn something. Many thanks!!!

Im no node guru, but i cant seem to find the color input for the feathers. Is it done by the CAVITY vertex map and some shaders?