suzanne

Love It!!! Really love it!!
About critics, i can’t say much, as shading this kind of materials is more difficult than it seams, and I think you’ve got it quite right…
The ligths, could be a bit more in conform with the background colors, as they look just like studio ligths… (maybe this is why the glossy looks odd)
I don’t recall where i’ve heard it for the first time (I think in ‘Tokyo-Ga’ from Wim Wenders), that light itself tells you a better story… But there are plenty 3d artists that can say that a good ligth can make more than a good mesh and shader.

Eitherway, I must spell it: Star,Star,Star,Star,Star!!!

Really awesome sculpting! Materials, fur, and posing could use some work, but there’s always something to improve. I’ve found that with characters, it is best to not have them look and stare straight ahead. You do good work though, so keep it up!

secrop, interesting about the light. i don’t know why it appears like studio light, as it is lit by the hdri, that belongs to the background image. but i agree totally that good light and render can improve every sculpt. thanks!
jonathan l. thank you. yes, always too improve, i will try make these better next time :slight_smile:

there is never time to do it right, but always time to do it over :smiley:

thank you. yes,f3l1x, it certainly is not my last attempt on a chimpanzee. but rather than trying to fix issues with this one, i would prefer to do a new one, since i need in my work the freshness and excitedness feeling to get it close to where i want the piece to be… i have quite some hours in this suzanne, and when i would pick this project up again, it would not feel exciting anymore, but like hard labour, and that kills my ability to create. of course, if that would have been a paid job, things are quite differnet, then i would work on her as long until the client is satisfied, no matter how hard work this would be… so, she will stay like that, but the next chimpanzee, or other big ape, i will do will highly profite from all the constructive critiqeu i received here on suzanne… this is how i work, and try learning in each piece. and i am grateful for every comment that makes constructive suggestions how to improve…it will be applied, in a future piece, always…

Awesome doris!

Technically this is really top notch, sculting is as good as it gets. Materials are fine, though they could be even better, same goes for the fur and hair. One thing you should pay a lot more attention is post-pro, this image has potential to go so far as the base is so good, just go and push it further in photoshop!

If you dont mind, heres what I got after playing ~15mins with your awesome piece in ps :slight_smile:

hi jjjuho, i don’t mind. … nice direction you gave it through the post work… actually, i have done postwork, and put a slight vignette, since i wanted the focus on her (so the contrary of what you did, so to say), , in your variant, the mood is different from what i envisioned, though very nice too, and, the bright light behind becomes almost the focal point… i like the play of the light on her fur though you achieved… thanks for sharing your idea.

This should be in the gallery. Nice job.

thenks modron :slight_smile:

Beautiful!

Wow, really great work!! Congratulations!

Beautifully done and amazing Render :slight_smile:

he he
here you are again, on top row.
Congratulations.

so far i love it nice *5

Amazing !! gorgeous look !!

I love Suzy!

Wow. Shaders, hair and eyes are amazing. However, I am under the impression that skin could be improved just by simply baking to a higher resolution ( at least 2x on each axis).

amazing work! Congrats!

really nice. I always wanted to make a representation of suzanne but never got to it. I glad its has come to life , and executed so well. cheers.

Ps: maybe SSS needs some masking fix inside the nostrils, it seems its scattering too much there :slight_smile:

Congrats on another top row :slight_smile: