Super Grouper

Control+LeftClick or double click group name to change group name. This could be done with code when creating new s_group.

Sorry, could you explain in more details what and where should happen? I just cannot understand what you want with Ctrl+Click.

When creating new s_group, now its name is default like SG.000. Then you have to double click it or Ctrl+LClick to change it to ā€œLampsā€ or ā€œFurnituresā€. It would be better if s_group name is renaming mode after creating it, so you just type after creating s_group :slight_smile:

Actually i see no issue with renamig http://youtu.be/SMjQJHXrF-s
Also, there will be ShortCut/Menu for creating new s_groups.

Yes, that was only convenience proposal.

What the community say?

Iā€™m trying to install it in the addons panel in 2.73 and doesnt seem to happen =(

Try to compress folder to zip file first. Worked for me.

And yeah, must say that this is very good new addon. Thanks for providing this!!!

• Download
  • Unzip
  • Copy ā€˜SuperGrouperā€™ folder into your addons.

Should work.

As for community feedback i give my two cents - to me JuhaWā€™ s proposal makes sense :slight_smile:

I am now using your addon in production - as a layer extension. I have layer management addon as a standard, and now i am creating sub-layers with super-groups as they and their visibility are easily controlable. This way i am able to expand the number of display sets far beyond standard 20. Because all of my layers are named for faster navigation, i found that all of the super groups also got named in the process, so maybe a startup name dialog uppon creation would actualy be a good idea. As i remember, group creation works in similar way in some other 3d apps.

However, some people probably arenā€™t using this addon as a layer-system extension (where naming comes natural and should be comfortable), but as a blender-group system extension where naming isnā€™t necesary. In my opinion that leads again to some kind of toggle in the properties: ON - naming upon creation / OFF - naming automatic.

Anyway, great work.
Š”Š²Š°ŠŗŠ° чŠ°ŃŃ‚ Š“руŠ¶Šµ :slight_smile:

Ok, iā€™ll try to add it if itā€™s easy to add.
@JuhaW could you provide the code or reference how to add this feature?

I did first steps to shortcuts/menu. I added the menu to WKey. Please test it:

This looks really awesome, 10/10 would add to trunk.

Thanks for the reply, Iā€™ll try that.

please add category presets(renamable). & you can only select a group, how come you canā€™t unselect?
copy modifiers to group possible?
Pretty interesting addon. Good job creating it.

Cant get it installed ? :frowning:

I tested on linux and windows os. Should work.
Could yoou paste your log when you enable the addon?
Did you unzup the archive and put ā€œsuper_grouperā€ folder into your addons?

Iā€™m thinking about unselecting. It did not implemented yet.

No, i just tryed ā€œinstalllā€ from the addons menu, iā€™ll try that though!

You must install manually. Unzip archive and copy the ā€œsuper_grouperā€ folder.

It Works!!!, man fantastic addon, there are a few things i want to suggest if i mayā€¦

Using the arrow icon for selecting stuff in the layer it takes time to get used to since by convention in blender thatā€™s make selectable or unselectable (outliner), so i would use a little hand icon instead of the arrow and put the arrow where the lock isā€¦ (just to follow blender current conventions)ā€¦

also as someone mentioned before having an object selected should somewhat highlight which layer is it on with a little yellow dot just like in blenderā€™s layers and i totally agree on thatā€¦

also when clicking the selection button of the layers it shouldnt be additive by default, it should select the objects in the layer but deselecting the ones on other layers and it should be additive when youā€™re pressing shift.

but thatā€™s just me, hope this might be of help!, and man thanks great great addon!!!