Summer Kiss

Awesome work! Why isn’t this in the feature row yet? Seriously! :smiley:
And the “robot remix” looks great, too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice! I can’t find anything to critique. I almost mistook this for a photo. :slight_smile:

I’ve never seen humans like that in blender! Amazing work!

The robot one is fun, makes me think of a story I read a while ago.
Outstanding work.

wow, I mean WOOOOOW… I impressed how realistic this is…!
You also chooses an interesting topic, haven’t seen a rendering with this sort of content yet.
Anyway, I hope that it’s going to be one of the blender artist headers, keep up the great work !

Very Nice Artwork. Well done!
Would you be so kind to provide a node setup of the cloth of the girls? i am currently working on my first female character, and the clothing materials still looks pretty plastic.
Thank you in advance!

Thank you all for the kind comments.

Cloth material, both use this (the one on the right has a larger scale on the UVs so that the material is finer). The texture is from CG textures, except I added a seam from another picture down the right for the seams. The cloth has a multi-res modifier on it and creases sculpted in.

Also, the one on the right has small hairs - most material should have hairs:

Hope that helps!

As I commented on another thread… You sir… Just raised the bar… By allot… :slight_smile:

Amazing, not much to tell.

Great job! Hair is great, but looks a bit clumpy. Models are a bit odd in places. Lighting is top notch. Love the robot version! Reminds me of the Chris Cunningham music video for Bjork’s “All is Full of Love”. :smiley:

yippiie for top row! congratulation, very well done!

Can you discuss the robot remix a bit? What you changed and how you went about it? That would be awesome!

This is completely outstanding! Even their forms allude to a heart! Lighting is proven here to be one of the key components to nailing an image. I did think it was a photograph when I saw the to row thumbnail - even a closer look made me look and look again.

The remix shows how brilliantly familiar you are with the tools. Excellent skills! 5* I’ve not read every comment, so apologies if this is a repeat question, but is there a hair tutorial you followed to get on your way to these ladies?

sexy awesome! haha also 5 star. wonderful render, great realizm… ONE MORE REASON BLENDER ROCKS!!!

Wow, amazing shading & lighting & modelling !

I regret you chose two women kissing. To me that’s disgusting. But graphics and composition are excellent!

It would be cool to have a time lapse of making of this quality of work. Really impressive.

Wow, thank you for the comments everyone! That is awesome, I never thought this was good enough for the top row :slight_smile:

Except you - I don’t mind if you want to insult my picture but how do you think someone in a same-sex relationship is going to feel reading that? Love is never disgusting.

Thank you - I hadn’t seen the video, that is so cool. It even has two girl robots kissing. His robots are way cooler than my one though.

No, not really anything specific - of course I’ve read loads of tips and stuff on blender artists. For girls hair you always need multiple particle systems - it is too hard to comb a single particle system how you want it, and you also want some systems with less children for some separate strands.

When I was first doing this, I couldn’t decide for a while if it should be a normal summer scene or a girl kissing a robot. So after deciding the summer scene and finishing it I wanted to just quickly see how it maybe could have looked with a robot.

I replaced the multi-res modifier just with subdiv (so all nice and smooth) and changed the material obviously. Then separated the faces at the back and scaled them smaller - added a different material and solidify modifier. Re-modelled the ear to be a microphone. The holes aren’t really holes - it was just a black and white texture with holes on converted to a normal map. Removed the faces for the neck. Added pistons and a spine. The wires up the neck and the wires for the hair out the back are two hair particle systems. The grooves were loops added, then select the faces and extrude inwards - the inner faces have a different material. Then changed the background, changed some colours etc.

Actually I only spent a 3-4 hours on the robot one because it’s essentially the same model, but could have gone crazy with more detail for the robot :slight_smile: Does that give you a general idea?

toprow of course… expected.
Among other amazing and colorful works, a heart!
One of the best toprows we ever had in BA.

Funny, I thought I was one of the first who posted comments here… where is it? I probably forgot to press the button. LOL
And, yeah, according to our rules etc etc , indeed I gave my *5 already…

I had a go at locating the film curve files, but I couldn’t find them. I’m on Mac and not particularly familiar with the file structuring unfortunately!

For the film grain did you generate this with some noise functions? Or were you able to find a decent texture to use?

P.S. Congrats on the well deserved top row!