Summer Kiss

Yes, I didn’t really nail the hair, probably too thick as you say. Anyway, thanks for the comments :slight_smile:

Wouw really great render. The modeling, ligtning and texturing are perfect. The interaction between the to characters works really good.
I think as others have said, that the hair looks a little too thick.
But overall great job Swmo

Wow, such an amazing image, totally realistic! You can almost feel the emotions of the characters! :slight_smile:

Incredibly good! Besides the good modeling, lighting and stuff, I really like the mood. Looks so light and fresh!

Thanks for the comments :slight_smile:

Hi swmo, great work ! mesh ,light , ambient, colour and texures are a very amazing set, really emotive.
Agree with doris aout the neck.

By the way, I forgot to ask - was the heart shape outlined by the heads, hair and arms deliberate? Scruffy sketch with mouse to illustrate what I meant:

Anyway, this jumped out at me the first time I saw on my phone it but I had forgotten that I wanted to ask by the time I was home.

If it was deliberate - nice touch! I love that kind of composition. If it wasn’t deliberate, then that’s a nice coincidence :wink:

When I was first composing it I saw that they made a heart shape, so I decided to keep and emphasize it with the hair. Well done for noticing :slight_smile:

Nice work! Like I said, things like this are some of my favourite parts of composition. It might have only spotted it because I had been reading about gesault psychology recently, but even if I didn’t see it, I think it’s part of the underlying order and design that makes a picture look good even when you can’t quite say why. In fact, I think it’s often better when it’s just a subtle hint…making the viewer wonder.

that is really neat with the heartshape! i did not notice it, but i loved already the little thumb preview image for the thread. in these little images we can best see if a composition works, and most of the time, when we open the thread then the image is overwhelmingly good. this is with yours too, swmo… composition goes a long way, makes little flaws “unseen”, i need pay much more attention to composition too…
and, matt, how do you do that your inserted image appears so small? mine always get scaled huge even if their size is tiny.

Fascinating! Best love scene I’ve ever seen!

I just used the insert image button in the advanced compose message window. I tested it to make sure that it did really work:

@doris You are right, it is always good to see how it looks small. That also gives you a good idea if the balance of light and dark is correct - as good as a histogram.

@mrrm Wow, thank you! I really want to make art, not “renders in blender” - I feel I’m only a small step of the way, but it’s nice to hear that I’ve been able to convey some emotion, that is the hardest thing.

Why that work isn’t yet on the feature row ??!! You should definitively be posted on the major blender websites.

Fantastic work! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

You blended this wonderfully!

Amazing! What kind of workflow/ pipeline this got trough? Did you retopo it, was it a sculpt at first? Amazing topology with models.

Thanks! There were some WIP shots in my sketchbook:
http://www.blenderartist.org/forum/showthread.php?302530-Swmo-s-sketchbook/page3

It was a dynamic topology sculpt, then manual retopo. Then texture paint. Then a quick rig, so I could change the poses slightly (tilt the head, make sure the hands intermeshed exactly).

Here is a quick robot remix, just for fun: