Stylized female character - Pirate (Update #17)

Thanks Oinkinator :slight_smile:

here’s another update… the sword fully textured and shaded. what do you guys think? let me know.

cheers
-G

Ooh, pretty. I love your progress.

I think you’re a fn genius. :smiley:

@Rachel and Gumboots
Thanks guys. :slight_smile: I’m now in the process of building a posing-rig for her. I’ll post some screenshots soon. stay tuned! :smiley:

Update… I built a basic posing rig using a deform mesh-cage and armatures… I knocked around a bit and came up with this test to see if everything is working good. still need to give her a facial expression and hair. what do you think?

-G

She’s looking very good, Guss. Incredible job texturing the sword, pistols, boots and belt. Any chance you’d put together a small ‘making of’ tutorial on any of those?

She seems to have less of a vulnerable maiden expression on her face. Perhaps it’s just the bandanna coming so low on her forehead.

@ Orinoco
Thanks man! yeah I did slightly lower her eyebrows and mouth-corners using a shape key, but I still want to work on that :slight_smile:

I’d be happy to make a couple of walkthroughs or small tutorial of my texturing workflow. I use a combination of 2d (PS/Gimp) and blender for my texturing mostly… I’ll see about making something for you guys. stay tuned! :slight_smile:

cheers,
-G

progress… HAIR, HAIR, HAIR! (wip)
what do you think?

Looking very good Guss, bad-ass attitude but you managed to kept her femininity.

I love it! Such love to detail! :slight_smile:

I would just say that her grip on the pistol is somewhat awkward… Try to take something similar and hold it this way, it will feel tense and uncomfortable. Also the shirt under the right armpit is too tight. The sleeve on the left hand is bulging upward, though the fabric is obviously thin and must be dragged down by gravity.

Otherwise - loving it and hair too!

Hoq to make straight female hair in Blender?

Wow, she looks really angry now. She’s definitely not an easy woman to deal with :slight_smile: That’s also emphasized by the camera angle as shooting someone this way from a lower angle expresses power and threatening. The pose is nice also and to depict her walking gives a nice sense of movement.

I still think the blouse should follow the body shapes more especially at the arms. I still have the impression that it is made of a softer tissue. You have already retopo’ed the blouse. Perhaps you could give the cloth modifier together with cloth collision a few frames to adjust that - just a suggestion, of course.

The hair looks good, but I’d bet that she would love to have more volume :smiley:

thanks guys. I’ll take a look at all the stuff you mentioned. I really appreciate the feedback! need to get some sleep now, but expect some updates a bit later.

This is looking really cool! Maybe make the hair a little bit thicker? Other than that your character is coming along beautiful. Her attitude reminds me of Geena Davis in Cutthroat Island. :smiley:

Absolutely excellent. Production quality. 10/10. I honestly cannot express my amazement enough. This amazing piece will inspire me to go great lengths with my 3D modelling/animation. Thank you.

looked at this twice and I’m already in love! pirates in general are awesome to me, but it being a girl makes it so much cooler… :wink:

@Julperado,@SirDraco65,@hanzo,
Thanks guys! I’m glad you like it. I’ve been taking it easy for the weekend, but expect more updates soon.

cheers!

FAntastic Model,

Onlt one thing bother me, even if it’s super difficult.
I found the fold sculpting on the shirt a bit weird.
The sleeves seem to be inflated or something, I think you should make deeper folds to feel the fabric lightness.

Anyway, impressive model. :slight_smile:

Hi all!
I worked mainly on her hair for this update (sadly, I’ve decided to not do the braids for now, as it seems extremely difficult to get them right. I need to do extensive research on that before I take it on :P)

I also added a simple beads necklace, as well as some fibers on the piece of cloth hanging from her waist. I did some minor work on the blouse, but I’m planning to re-sculpt the folds as some people suggested. meanwhile, enjoy!

Rock’n Roll Never Forgives.>>