Stylized female character - Pirate (Update #17)

Looks good, but I just twigged to something about her that looks odd. The posture is unnatural. In reality she wouldn’t carry her shoulders that far back. It’s like she’s in WTF!?!?! mode from something she’s just seen. The shoulders, neck and head should be more in line with the hips in profile view. I think this might also make the lower front view look a bit less strange for upper body proportions. The effect of perspective there may be exaggerating the apparent size difference between shoulders and hips.

I’ve finished retopology, I’m now busy shading and texturing. C&C welcome :smiley:

Looking very good, are you going to give her a mean pirate facial expression?

@ Andrev:
yup. absolutely :smiley: can’t have her looking all scared and vulnerable… that wouldn’t work very well :wink:
her current facial expression is just the neutral “starting” expression, and will be tweaked later during rigging/posing

3d preview of the sword:

Early tests with the temporary hair are looking interesting… what do you guys think?

The rapier and the piratess look wonderful. She has got really nice shaders!

@ minoribus:
thanks! that means a lot. :slight_smile:

more progress with the shaders mostly, plus a little texturing, but still some ways to go with that…

stay tuned! :slight_smile:

-G

Progress… texturing the belt and pistol… did some more shader work and stuff. still need to texture the sword, and her boots… and then I need to do her hair. C&C welcome!

I don’t really know if you should have the little orange thing in her eye, it looks a bit like she is crying which she is not supposed to do :slight_smile:

To me its a perfect job. I LIKE IT A LOT, Maybe the only things is that she has a little fearful face.

The belt and pistol texturing looks great. I think the shirt could do with a bit extra though.

@sheepHD you’re right it does look a bit weird… I’ll try to lower the specular on that. hopefully that will fix it.

@sergiosan00709 Yeah its just a neutral expression… I’ll be changing it when I pose the character :slight_smile:

@Gumboots thanks! yes I’m still working on the shirt.

stay tuned! :wink:

-G

worked on the boots and trousers, and everything now has basic shaders (except the sword and hair)… I still need to work a bit on the texturing of the blouse and waist-band thing.

enjoy!

The leather looks great and I think the proportions are good for a stylized character. Did you render it in Cycles? I would love to see the node setup for the leather.

Wonderful progress. The boots are great with all their wear and tear.

Good job, just wondering, is her name Captain Jennet Sparrow?

@teaLeaf: yup all cycles… I decided to upload a blend of the leather boots onto blendswap, here’s the link:
http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/78781 Unfortunately its not a procedural texture, but you can make it procedural if you can find a seamless leather texture somewhere… maybe. :wink: let me know if you have questions, as my node setups are a mess most of the time lol

@Minoribus: thanks! yeah I think its coming together nicely. :slight_smile:

@macktruck6666 hahaha! yeah! I’ll have to be careful to not make her too similar to Mr JS. :smiley: It strikes me her color palette is very similar to his. I’ll have to change it a bit maybe. perhaps brown or dark red hair will work better. (definetly not blonde though):stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for uploading the boots to blendswap!
The material simple and effective (my favorite kind :wink: ). The purplish overlay is a great idea to simulate environment lighting while not increasing the rendertimes too much.

Great job you certainly have a knack for this modeling. It looks great so far.