Speed Racer A Whole New World 2 (WIP)

Yeah yeah i do that but on Blender 2.76 it gives this message:

Blender 2.76 Gives a Report: Error !!!

Every time i try to Export: Save As Game Engine Runtime i get this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File"C:Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons
game_engine_save_as_runtime.py",line 288,in execute self.report.

File"C:Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons
game_engine_save_as_runtime.py",line 118,in WriteRuntime blend_file =
open(blend_path,‘rb’)

FileNotFound:[Erno 2] No such file or directory:'C:\User…

File

So that was like some early weeks but now i think im sorted because i have 2.78 it looks like im just going to have to pack all the files and make sure that they are no lost texture root files that blender has to look for however there is always alternative ways of doing things on the BGE !!!

Fred/K.S

saving as runtime is quite problematic, its common to create an empty launcher game that only has an empty with logic bricks openning up the actual game.

i have personally found packed scripts dont work in an exe.

putting assets in an external directory is more efficient, since many blends can access the same stuff. but make sure all your game data is stored in a sub folder of the exe.

also its necessary to make all paths relative, found in the menu in the screenshot from haidme.

…/mygame/game.exe
…/mygame/data/menu.blend, level.blend
…/mygame/data/textures/logo.png
…/mygame/data/sounds/car.wav
…/mygame/data/python/player.py

That is because there is probably “No such file or directory” . So double check if your resources are really located where blender is searching for them.

Also you can try to pack your textures manually, one by one. Using this button in texture tab:

Otherwise, best practice is not to pack your game into one big and clumsy .exe file. Instead use relative paths and a simple directory structure for your game. Like :
/Models
/Scripts
/Textures
/Bin

Wow yeah true i think i should try that ey !!! Because ive just been putting all my stuff in 1 blend file and i tried to render it and it gave me the problems ive just posted above. Okay cool i guess i will try your Method then:
Originally posted by: Daedalus_MDW

saving as runtime is quite problematic, its common to create an empty launcher game that only has an empty with logic bricks openning up the actual game.

i have personally found packed scripts dont work in an exe.

putting assets in an external directory is more efficient, since many blends can access the same stuff. but make sure all your game data is stored in a sub folder of the exe.

Originally posted by: haidme

So double check if your resources are really located where blender is searching for them.

Also you can try to pack your textures manually, one by one. Using this button in texture tab:
Yess i do that all the time especially while iam making a new game asset or interactable object but for some reason blender 2.76 will still go and mix them up and lose those textures especially in a case where you find that you’ve only managed to pack over 700 textures and blender loses like 300 of them. Man that is so annoying. You know what i think that i need to go about with python packing textures is they a possibility?

Fred/K.S

Hey everyone im so happy ive managed to Lock the framerate at a constant 30fps:yes:
no special effects added yet: !!! More Detail needs to be added !!! (Right now iam currently working on my 1st Race Track that i first made when i started this project back in 2015 !!!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470419[/ATTACH]

Like i said before this is one of my intro scenes to the official demo (Live in Game Cutscene - Straight inside the BGE) ive done my very best to optimize at this point in time for the demo. The Main Menu is fully complete so now iam just working on my 1st Race Track…

!!! So far ive decided to go about with these Graphics for the Gameplay & Cutscenes !!!

What i mean by lock i mean that it won’t drop significantly unless a Low-End PC is really struggling to render the gameplay graphics of the Game ,However if the PC manages to run it smoothly without a problem then this is good because of scene switching and the weight of the blend file.

ive managed to Lock the framerate at a constant 30fps

Fred/K.S

Attachments

Remember guys iam sticking to my promises:

FEATURES: (Standard Features)

• HD Textures
  • Drag Races
  • 2 Player Split-Screen
  • a full story mode

Aims and Expectations:
The game should deliver a stable driving experience , No performance drops for the Game , Good Graphics for the cars and the world and a brand new story to be told.

So far the Main Menu’s doin Great iam halfway with my racetrack by Friday I’ll have something entirely new to present to the community. (Thanks for viewing the thread guys I truly appreciate that)

Fred/K.S

Hello fellow artists Fred/K.S is here with some new content which i will be uploading in these short comming days:

!!! I did this in my free time !!!

The game has quite alot of Logic bricks just to try and simplify a couple of things ,otherwise the rest is purly python…

Fred/K.S

BMW M3 Coupe is giving me serious problems !!!
Thats whats slowing me down again this time…

Fred/K.S

But where’s the Mach 5?

Huh come again ,what do you mean?
Originally posted by zymn

But where’s the Mach 5?

Fred/K.S

We go where we want ,when we want as fast as we want !!!

SPEED RACER A WHOLE NEW WORLD 2
Is aiming at delivering the best possible driving experience ever designed on the blender game engine and also to bring about the best of a blender game. i alone (Fred/K.S) am working hard and fast so that atleast i can showcase some gameplay footage of the upcomming demo.

Stay tuned for more on Speed Racer A Whole New World 2.

Fred/K.S

Attachments

Wow your car models look great! Awesome progress!
I think if you know how to properly optimise your game, you can create something which looks great in bge. Bge has restrictions, but they can all be worked around.

Wow your car models look great! Awesome progress!
I think if you know how to properly optimise your game, you can create something which looks great in bge. Bge has restrictions, but they can all be worked around.

Thank you so much CG Sky i appreciate your every word , iam working very very hard on Optimization despite the fact that im using my own very well made High poly models for the Game i spent 2 years modeling Cars and finally this year is the year for me to put it all in to 1 big Game ive always wished to make on the BGE.

Yes as you say BGE has Limitations but iam working very hard and iam always applying alternative ways and methods to make this Game possible. So far it runs great on the low end PC’s ive tested my new Main Menu design for the upcomming official demo it runs Great on my PC as well and so far iam happy however now iam just focusing on Gameplay as it is what’s at the heart of the Game’s experience.
This Game is for everyone Free to play even though i worked hard on it BGE is Free so why not to make a Great Free Game where everyone can play and enjoy the best of a blender Game.

Fred/K.S

Right now iam currently sitting on 8 Cars being showcased for the Official Demo !!!

Happy blendering !!!

Fred/K.S

They will be in Full HD there are a few glitches in the game with some textures and things like maybe the grill shows through the inside of the car the player can see from outside this culling effect i cant seem to resolve it ey im my video im going to show you guys what iam talking about…
In the meantime here are some of the cars that are already made for the game:

Attachments

Iam working on this bit by bit and the new version of this Race track will be Mind blowing i can’t wait to share with the Community !!!

Fred/K.S

Don’t forget to add some verticality to the tracks, as it might make them more interesting. Otherwise good luck on the project.
I’d love to see a downhill track with mountains in the background at night. That could be cool :slight_smile:

Definitely man thank you so much for your suggestion ive noted that down. Im putting like 3 Different Tracks to the Game one of them being a Dirt Rally Track (Offroad) all the effects skid marks ,Sand Dust , Exhaust smoke will be done properly.

Don’t forget to add some verticality to the tracks, as it might make them more interesting. Otherwise good luck on the project.
i will thanks !!!

I’d love to see a downhill track with mountains in the background at night. That could be cool
Okay well that sounds like a good idea. The Night effect will be Great as well in Speed Racer A Whole New World 2.
Thank you so much CG Sky i will keep that in mind.

Fred/K.S

I really like the angles you used here. :slight_smile: Keep up all the good work, this is coming along quite well. :smiley:

Thank you so much MarvinCJames this is going to be a Good game right now as we speak my game lacks all the basic elements that make up a racing game small stuff like car engine sounds and effects that make the gameplay realistic.

I really like the angles you used here. Keep up all the good work, this is coming along quite well.

Yeah well thanks those wallpapers ive made are to showcase the upcomming cars that will be in the game.
And these are complete full models.

Fred/K.S