sleeping boy

Ah thanks, it’s a displacement map. That would have been my second guess. :slight_smile:

@James Candy:
There is no german term for Uncanny Valley. You can translate it of course but it makes no sense if you’re not familiar with the concept as in english.

thank you decamino, james, alin, ox-gears, and sanctuary… … james, i did understand after reading the explanation. i am not aware of a german expression for it.

ah kai, cross post… so no such expression. good to know

Really liking the blanket and teddy bear, he really looks snug in there! Just to nit pick a bit, the ear seems a bit off and the hand looks very mature for a baby methinks. Awesome work all round though

thank you keen for critique. i will try do better hand next time… cannot see however why the ear is off? used a reference foto, and think i got it right, but maybe i overlooked something? if you can tell why you think it is off would be really helpful…

Great! Really like it! If some details adding then it will be much better. Anyway, cool.

thank you odil24. what kind of detail is missing?

REALLY GOOD WORK !!! as always

Don’t worry about me, it’s fantastic =D

Maybe I’m wrong about the ear, but I was thinking about these ones:
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=baby+ear&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uPzPUuS4NoewkgXRpICgBw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1564&bih=900

And for hands, they’re cute and pudgey
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=baby+ear&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uPzPUuS4NoewkgXRpICgBw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1564&bih=900#es_sm=122&espv=210&q=baby+hands&safe=off&tbm=isch

Just my 2 cents. =) Incidentally, how long did it take to render?

Just saw this at BlenderNation, congrats again!! They will soon be changing the name of that site to DorisNation I heard :stuck_out_tongue:

This really is exceptional doris…great sculpt and awesome incorperation of texture and particle hair. This is one of my favorites of your work. Oh and did I mention sculpting children is very difficult and you made it look so simple. Great job once again:)

That is really nice, I love the teddy bear fur and the blanket underneath looks really soft.

I found this because you were featured here http://www.blendernation.com/2014/01/10/image-sleeping-boy/#utm_campaign=bn-twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

goldenboy, thank you!
keen, thank you so much. yes now i see what you mean. will do better next time. thanks again! … it took an hour to render…
lol vicky… thank you :slight_smile:
derek thank you so much… yes, my children sculpts started, since i was talking with paolo about this difficulty. it is really harder, since the proportions are so very different, and the forms very very subtle in their changes…
marc, that is funny, why did you not see it first here at blebder artist forum, it was very quickly featured here, and you see feature image in top row always whencoming here? … anyway, thank you, i am glad you like my little boy.

This work gives a person feel the child slept soundly, also very serene, especially eye! Excuse me, the cloth texture is how to make, thank you ~

thank you, duhe2014. yes i hpoed to evoke exactely this feeling :slight_smile:
the cloth texture: you first find a knitting pattern. then in photoshop you crop a quadratic area, say 1000x1000 pixels, then you offset the image horizontal and vertical by 500 pixel. now you see the (bad) seem in the middle area of the image. with the clonetool you remove this bad seam… repeat once to check if it is now without bad seam. and done… i hope this helps, if you need more explain, please let me know.

Beautiful portrait Doris. However something gives away his dreaming of sculpting teddy bear galaxies with a galactic replicator, (with Blender GUI, of course).

thank you d_neur, i am not sure if i understand your comment ( i am not native english speaker)

Awesome work as always Doris!

thank you yazjack :slight_smile:

[Beautiful portrait Doris. However something gives away his dreaming of sculpting teddy bear galaxies with a galactic replicator, (with Blender GUI, of course).]
Etwas offenbart seinen Traumen. Traumen von Formen “Teddybar” Galaxien mit einer galaktischen replicator (mit Blender grafishche Benutzeroberflache)

Meant to be funny if my translator is not correct.