Shark Ride

I didn’t expect this much feedback, this is awesome.
I just want to say that I am carefully reading and actually writing down every suggestion in this thread. It might take a bit of time before I actually do a revision of this image, but I want to thank you all for the support. It’s really providing me with the motivation I need.

Your welcome! and trust me, any changes are minor, i really believe you could do the changes UBER fast if you wanted to :smiley:
so take a second xD and make it perfect 'D

Love It 10/10, also great Portfolio :yes:

Great piece. 5 stars from me!

I think that this is really great! I might try to give the girl more energy, however. Her body and face seem rigid/odd and her proportions don’t seem quite right… maybe the shoes are too big. Also, her right hand and hat should have a stronger interaction.

Some realy cool stuff lately made with blender 2.5x!
I would see them loving in the cgtalk channel official gallery;)

Well thanks. Cgtalk has upped their standards for gallery submission quite considerably, and this image actually didn’t get through. But I’ll try again after I have made a few adjustments.

Unbelievable work. Very rarely have I seen a still image anywhere, that has this much life and movement. Well deserving of the gallery.

That is an amazing render! great job.

@Modron and 3dementia: Thank you very much for the compliments

I am currently doing a “2.0” version of this image, where I’m redoing all the lighting, materials and rendering from scratch + trying a tighter composition, tweaking the pose and doing better post-processing. I’ll try to have a version ready for you guys on Monday/Tuesday-ish

You should do some sculpting or similar to dig the rope more into the shark mouth if that’s appropriate :smiley:

I already have :wink:
I’ll also make the rope itself look more distressed

I look forward to see the next version then. :wink: And it’s really great “meeting” such a talented fellow countryman. :slight_smile:

HoW ABOUT PUTTING THEM UNDER WATER … adding some lighting also when doing this … other wise great job~!!

for those still interested, here’s an update
http://www.kjartantysdal.com/images/shark/SharkRide_2.0_medium.jpg

Amazing work!!! That’s the kind of thing that gave me the inspiration to start creating!

great image, give yourself a pat on the back, i love the fact she’s looking relaxed and having the time of her life, while the shark looks proper angry and about to eat everything in sight :smiley:

Now I know why my image didn’t get through, no chance in hell if yours didn’t! But I find it frustrating that work like yours doesn’t make it and things like this do. I really hope this isn’t software bias…

Anyhoo, not sure I’ve already said it although I’m pretty sure I gave it 5 stars: awesome work!

Great concept! I really like it too, nice work with the sharks skin, it looks very realistic.

Well done. Concept, composition, texturing, render. This is work for gallery.