Shades of Gold and Crimson

Beautiful!

Very realistic! I love it

Really nice.
:slight_smile:

the fence is odd. one of the paths lead to it but there isnt a gate. it just seems the fence was meant to break up the scene and bring more sense to it, but it actually distracts from the overall image. still, its rather well done.

Wow. It’s great work. I was proud of my blender renders but now I now i have to work harder, longer… for next few Years :slight_smile:

Thanks for peoples continuing kind comments…
@keisler - break up the scene? I’m not that smart. :wink: Actually the fence was there in reference photos. And you’re right about those gates but they are all there. four of them. But you can’t see them because there’s no hinges or latches. A mistake which I’ll remedy in future pics. Another mistake is that one has to step up to get over the walk curbing… ugh.

@Jasziu - keep at it. there is so much to know about Blender 3d. It’s like a whole universe, but that’s how rendering software goes. we have the tool to do almost as much as we want (free!) for which I will be forever grateful.

here’s the last (and favorite) thing I did with this scene a few months ago. It’s at ground level and has a car in it. alas the fence is still the same. :wink: Also, the brick size is corrected and looks a little less tiled. A bit of the work on the streetlamps is still visible.

A beautiful piece of work. You’re a lucky peep, this is my first comment :slight_smile: The main problem I have with the scene is a sense of scale. The bars of the fence seem to have no difference between each one (too uniform); they look like a 2D plane and the base of the lamppost appears to be as wide as the door; a bit too massive. The picture in the window, as much as it wants to add to a house interior, is just too far up the wall. At that height it may be better to just see the top half of the picture and a clean high dado/picture rail.
Sorry for all the negatives :slight_smile: the lighting is great; something I’m struggling with at the moment. Your brick work is ace and I love the dried leaves on the road and pavement.

Absolutely wonderful! I love your attention to detail in the architectural elements. I have not seen that before in Blender – architecture is often very simplified. Amazing lampposts too! And I can see how the wind swirled in the street and cleared a spot while piling leaves against the fence foundation. And I like the camera angle because I want to see the lamppost. Maybe it’s from the top of a double-decker!

Oh, did you notice while you were working that someone furnished the insides and put pictures on the walls?

Thanks for this :slight_smile:

Wow this is beyond crazy!

The texturing look so real,very photo realistic and as everyone is praising so much about the lamp post,It is indeed a great design and is the main high light of this image.I would also like to praise for the background and lighting,It takes to another world.Special mention for the perfect reflections.

Aw, come on! That’s not a render! That’s a photo! :yes:

Good job! Three thumbs up!

A question: Did you make the trees with Arbolo? I’m wanting some greenery in one of my scenes and saw a tutorial about this program. I’m wondering if it can make potted plants, but hell, I’m a newbie at Blender and already have TONS of things to learn. This is overwhelming, but when I see results like yours I think all this work is going to be worth it.

again - thanks for great comments.

@slippyshome - yup. many things about this pic I know you’d do differently. (so would I) :slight_smile:
@dunn - warms my heart when people like these images. Thanks back. the pics on the wall are actually long past relatives of mine! The height of the the near one is what I remember about growing up around my grandma’s house…high pics.
@sputi - Thanks!
@aboveandbeyond - the lamppost is based from Dublin as is the building. Anyone who lives there will tell you I didn’t do them justice. The material for the lampposts though, is one of my favorite things about these images. I love the look of old brass.

@Lengo - I love it when these images are compared with a photo. I’m not sure about the trees…here’s the reason. Many are from the architecture academy. I played with the leaf material, and pulled off leaves to make them look more like autumn. I did throw in some of my own trees though, those were from the sapling addon inside blender. Also I experimented with the leaf color and was very happy with the results. I’m very proud of my trees as their material is made of leaves and bark from my back yard!

for anyone curious about what sapling can do, with it’s simplest tree, just watch this. I created a silent music video. I don’t have the rights to the music, but I’m proud still.

Here’s what’s missing from sapling. I need for those leaves to lay more naturally, tops to the sun. Beyond that, animating them in wind is tough. But the armature is amazing as it creates a tree that sways.

This is very realistic. I liked the texturing of the bronze, I liked that I was drawn to explore what might be to the right, and I loved the added touch of the leaves waiting until someone came to clean them up a bit.

Almost indistinguishable from a real photo. Really nice.

Very pritty.
Is the background trees are real modles or just any image plane?

Sent from my A1 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent work! One question, were the lamposts modelled entirely as a mesh or did you use curves, especially for the ornate stuff at the top?

@sanjaykumar69 - the trees are all on planes - some which came from the excellent Andrew Price Architecture Academy and some I created using blender.

@Parasar I did use curves at the top, but I converted to mesh later to facilitate using the bronze material.

thanks for liking this!

whoa

it looks so real _

Fantastic! I wish I had those in my garden!

very realistic and very good details.