Settled for the Night

Got some proper materials setup. Now he Just needs some body hair and maybe some tweaking, and I can check him off the list. :slight_smile:

Very nice progress! It would be interesting to see what kind of an atmosphere you get going to the final render.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Here’s an update:
-Added hair
-Added jewelry
-Added subsurface scattering for the skin (looks sooooo much more realistic)
-Added more detail on the boots
EDIT: I forgot the eyebrows! xD

It’s looking good. The hair really gives him some character, but he really needs those eyebrows.

Gave him some eyebrows. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol i also always forget the eyebrows :stuck_out_tongue:

Great work so far but i would change his Pose if that is still possible. Right now he is sitting very stiff. Maybe if he was out in the wilderness all day make him lean on his elbow which he plants on his upper leg. A bit of a twist in his upper body would add to the pose as well

but keep up the great work. I am excited for the final image

[QUOTE=’[hris;2826466’]lol i also always forget the eyebrows :stuck_out_tongue:

Great work so far but i would change his Pose if that is still possible. Right now he is sitting very stiff. Maybe if he was out in the wilderness all day make him lean on his elbow which he plants on his upper leg. A bit of a twist in his upper body would add to the pose as well

but keep up the great work. I am excited for the final image[/QUOTE]

I agree. I can’t quite make him lean on his elbow, but maybe I can have him lean on the side of his arm. His current pose looks quite forced and not relaxing at all.

Gave him a better pose. Is it alright or do I need to change it?

http://puu.sh/gf3Gi/e2f2747fc3.jpg

Looks good.

Kinda reminds me of Dark Souls

http://hdwallpaper.freehdw.com/0008/games_hdwallpaper_dark-souls-bonfire_78419.jpg

I’m now blocking out the shape of the environment, so I can sculpt it in high detail later. I tried exploring the idea mentioned earlier about the rock being curved inwards, but it didn’t look right, so I went with my original idea. I also tweaked the lighting a bit.

Hi @BjarkeDuDe,

very interesting sketch. Maybe you can attach more tension to the scene by a few composing improvements .
The two lights are standing above each other (moon and fireplace) and that disrupts the viewers attention. I suggest to move the moon and the man to the right, so the fireplace, the man and the moon can compose the scene in a way that the “rule of thirds” in fulfilled.
But thats only a suggestion.

Isn’t it pretty much already?

Rocks! Yes, we have rocks now! I finally finished the rock model. but keep in mind I still need to add a lot of details like grass, dead leaves, small rocks, sticks, & spiderwebs to finish it completely and to mask some of the obvious low-res-ness :stuck_out_tongue: (especially the dirt)

EDIT: I managed to squeeze a bit more detail out of the texture.

What you do think I should tackle next?

I love this project so far. Been following it from the beginning but only commenting now. I’d say you should make some loose rocks and scatter them around the scene (esp. at the base of that wall since that’s where they’d be. Also it might add some interest to make the cave wet. Another thing I might suggest is: the fire is yellow, and the sky is blueish. I’d suggest giving a subtle blue backlight coming from the inside of the cave (left of the image) so that the yellow fire draws the viewer’s attention more. I’d also add some vegetation on the top of the cliff thing. As for what you should do next, I’d say those rocks that I mentioned earlier haha. Nice work!!!

Thank you! I was already planning on adding rocks and vegetation actually! :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll also try making the rocks a bit wet to see how it looks.

I’m not sure what you mean by the back-light though. Where would the light be coming from? What would emit the light?

You’d need to use some artistic license…OOH! Or perhaps there are glowing crystals or mushrooms or some other sort of bioluminescent thing in the cave. (I’m assuming that to the left of the image is possible the mouth of a cave?

It’s actually not a cave at all. It’s supposed to look be outdoors. I guess making trees and a sky and bushes in the foreground will help make that more clear.

Here’s what it looks like in the viewport:

OH! Well in that case, the blue light would come from the same source that lights the spider!

Update time!
-Added vegetation (still needs a bit more work)
-Added sticks, pine needles, pine cones, & rocks
-Added the light Goldenfrog suggested. (I had to “cheat” a lot to make it work, but hey, if Disney does it why can’t I?) Also someone add light-groups to blender already!
-Scaled up the cross on his necklace, because it gives him character and it was too small.

Also here’s a bonus, cool-looking aerial view!

That blue backlight is perfect omg. Really makes the character stand out from the background. Excellent. This is coming together so nicely. Also that grass is looking great!!