Saskia — Girl-man, man-girl portrait :)

Thanks hey BgDM. Yeh I have to admit I’m seriously disappointed on how this turned out after the enormous amount of time I spent on it. But that will be a lesson for next time to place more emphasis on modelling it properly from the start :slight_smile:

Oops posted at the same time, thanks reynante. I’ll reply to everyone when I’m a bit more awake :slight_smile: Haven’t had much sleep lately :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who replied and gave feedback :slight_smile:

@Orinoco: Thanks for the detailed feedback dude :slight_smile:

@Mike_S: • I modelled the head and neck, then pinched the torso from makehuman, attached it to the head and tweaked it a bit, I intended to show only her head but ended up including the shoulders as well.
• Nope haven’t rigged it :slight_smile:
• Two area lights only.
• Render time: hmmm, depends on the resolution. Also I used render layers. I rendered it at 2500x2500 and that took a couple of hours, I’d say around three, using a Imac Core duo 2.4 with a gig ram.

@Syziph: Thanks for the stars hey :slight_smile: The background wall is a texture from cgtextures.com :wink:

@emesee: I’ll give the blend hey, but I intend to use this in future work, so it won’t be a free-for-all I’m afraid. I’ll post it alongside the making-of when I finish it.

maybe she’s 30 years old as the wall indicated:D

Moved to the gallery.

BgDM

YAAAY!! Thanks BgDM :slight_smile:

deleted Oops, something funny hapnin.

nice model but it looks like a guy-girl.

I agree. I think the part that makes it mannish is the nose could probably be smaller. But i like the skin shaders and the hair. Is the hair with the old particle system are are you using 2.46? It reminds me of the self-portrait you did awhile. Really inspiring as I plan on going for a more realistic look compared to a cartoony one. Is it based on anyone?

Its a drag queen lol :smiley:

Aye so it seems heh …

linuxpimp21: Aye, it’s with the new particle system :wink:

Kinda looks like Chris Crocker.

:stuck_out_tongue:

It is very well done though.

-Render

Ahh no f**k man! hehehe

Ok … ok guys, I get the picture now. She looks like a man. In fact, from now on she’s a he. I’ll call him Sask. :D:evilgrin::evilgrin:

People have commented on her blank stare, and the ugliness of this model, stating she looks like a he-she. I’d have to second all of that…at present this he/she bears to much resemblance to uma thurman to be considered anything else lol. jk. But she does remind me of her. shudders

eeww… shes you as a girl, I get it now. This looks kinda like your other head models as well

You have an interesting perspective.

Call him Poison.

Or maybe Benimaru.:cool:

Shinku Katategoma!!!

Lol reminds me of Buffalo Bill!
“It puts the lotion on its skin…”

Yikes! Some interesting comments here :slight_smile:

No chance! I’d be much prettier as a girl! :slight_smile: Not …

On a more serious note, I’ve decided to hold back on making a tutorial/making-of with this, I’m too embarrased by this chick. I’ll use this same project to make a new one (hopefully she’ll be a babe) and use that instead. Might still be a while though as I’m busy with something else, sorry dudes.