rRMB Menu

I agree with sourvinos, after trying the RMB addon, i find it much better than the pie menu .

Maybe it’s just that the official pie menu is too limited in the commands it does , but having easy mouse centric menus popping up when i need and actually context-based is simply better workflow that the current pie.

That said, i’m still working faster and more easier with my shortcut based workflow. But if i had to get into an alternative to the actual UI, the RMB addon is much better than the current official pie addon to me.

The best will be a pie menu with some menus.

Gesture to the left, a menu, to the right, another menu etc.
The possibility to make X menu with a single shortcut.

Sanctuary,
probably most of the time that you are engaged with a heavy work, shortcuts are faster, though I would not bet; but often, just like now, I do work quite laid back in a armchair, with just a hand on the mouse, and I prefer to go with menus than get up to press a key.
Not much professional you will say, but actually, I learnt to do so by dint of working for whole days on job without stopping. Call it cruising speed.

paolo

I don’t think rRMB is an alternative to pies, they complement each other. Pies are better for short sets of options, like ctrl+tab, tab, v (curves), etc. while menus are better for long lists. Imagine the entire specials menu in pies, it’d be a mess.

As for workflow speed, you go kind of slow in the beginning, but then you start to grow a muscle memory of where everything is, and for some things it becomes faster to right-click and select than trying to remember a specific shortcut. It doesn’t replace every key, but it let’s you work without worrying about what key or in which menu was X option.

12.08.2014 - 0.61 Mini-release.

Thanks to @Januz Place Cursor, Move to Layer, Duplicate and Duplicate Linked all now work properly!

I know blender has most keys mentioned next to the menu items, it would be nice to have nearly all of them :slight_smile:

“select” > “Edge loop”/“rings” need the hotkey displayed next to them, and a few others.

Started using this today and I love it. Great work!

Bump.

Most anything you need is in there. Impeccably organized, context sensitive.
Highly recommended for those new to blender, this will help you explore and learn faster.
And then for all those more experienced, any command that is not used often and you don’t have it mapped to a key or PieMenu, this is it! Just a great addition to whatever your workflow is.

Awesome addon!!!
Thanks!

Wonderful addon, thanks much.

@@Moosefoo These are great reviews, thanks guys!

been using it for two days. it’s usefull when you don’t have any ideas. just right click and see whats available.

i see this in form of pie menus. I think it would be faster and better.

I think it’s solution for people who don’t like Pie :slight_smile:

hi i want just to thank you for creating this script

This script was well organize
ex. putting each header the one that make me understand script

ive finally create my own first call menu very basic that i use a lot

right now im studying how to create a nested group and im going to use your script as a guide
it really help newbie like who make customization to blender for more productivity and workflow enhancement

thank you again

Hey Matsuiko. Glad that my add-on helped! Cheers.

Hi.
Your addon seems very useful, and is kinda what I’m looking for.
So I would like to ask if your addon can do this:
Different menus for the different modeling modes.
See:

Thanks.

There’s a bug when using the Place 3D Cursor command from the menu.

If the click is in the lower portion of the screen space, and the menu has to Shift up to redraw, than the cursor is moved to the second click, the one you click on the actual menu entry “Place 3D Cursor”
Effectively, you can’t use the menu to place the cursor on the lower part of the screen.

This is a very nice idea. I am a years long Wings 3D user and I know well how handy it is.

I double Regnas’ proposition btw…

I thought about that, but Blender selection modes work differently (as usual : ). Meaning - you can fire commands for one element, with a selection in a different element mode - for instance vertex operators on face selections. So it would be limiting to hide sections according to selection mode.

Yeah, I know. I haven’t found a way to “store” initial RMB click position to use as a reference for placing the cursor.

0.62 Release. Changes:

• Align Orientation to Face is now more appropriately named Align Orientation to Selection.
  • Fixed an error with Align Orientation to Selection that appeared when the object was on a layer other than 1.

Link to updated add-on in first post.

Pardon my complete noob-ness, but I’m using Blender with a Maya-like navigation setup (ALT+LMB = rotate, ALT+MMB = pan, ALT+RMB = dolly).

This add-on seems to override ALT+RMB to become the Place 3D Cursor. How do I change that?