Reaching out - bwc08

The moment is over :frowning:

Yep, that is why I went with a screen-grab. Oh well, 4 stars on CGtalk still a high mark. I hope they give it an Award. Last I check there are no Blender made images in the CGtalk Choice Award Gallery.

Best of luck Zordan!

Congratulations on the CG Award, Zordan! :slight_smile:
☆(^_^)ノ☆

Now, then, on a separate note:

Honestly, I think it’s precisely this attitude that gives the Blender community a bad name. In the entire 34 pages of the CG Choice Gallery: 3D there are exactly zero images with a 5 star rating. Zordan’s work is without a doubt excellent and on par with other works in the Choice Gallery, but can you seriously say that it’s so much better than any of the other works that it deserves to be the only 5 star image?

Rating systems always vary from community to community regardless of the topic. In the game of Go, a 8-kyu rating in the KGS community is approximately equivalent of a 1-dan rating in the Japanese amateur community (8 rank difference). A elementary school teacher’s 100% is not rare by any means for a student diary, but a English professor’s 100% for a paper is indeed something you don’t see often, if at all.

Referring to people who vote for an image in-line with a community’s rating system as “haters” does nothing to promote Blender and if anything fosters further ill-will from the 3D art and graphics community at large.

Your art is truly awe inspiring… Magnificent!

Woohoo, congrats for the CG Award. Well deserved!
Isn’t it first Blender render in the gallery?

dancin the victory dance
schubidubiduuuaaaahh…
okok enough of this nonsense :smiley:

Thanks for the support blenderheads.

>DichotomyMatt
“Haters” is really a harsh word.

Congratulations on the award.

About the Haters thing, that was a bit of sarcasm. Haters has become an overused expression here in the states and as such doesn’t have the same harsh feeling that others here are getting. I am sorry if I offended anyone. If I would have know it would take this thread off topic I would not have posted anything.

Back to work little monkeys, wanne see some quality here
http://goofybeast.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/1004simpsons.jpg

congrats dude your work is verycool ,

Fantastic, Awesome, Excellent, 999999999999999999999999999999999999999**999999999999999999/5. :slight_smile:
Did you model and rendered everything at once or used an AngMap? (all the buildings, sea, etc)? They look modeled. It’s an awesome masterpiece. Best I had ever seen (3d)

Finally somebody broke through. :slight_smile: congrats and thanks Zordan.

It’s a good time to be a Blender artist.

<i><b>Awesome!</b></i>

KevinW

Woah. I’m almost speechless. It kind of reminds me of the tower of babel, mixed with the modern world.

I know that it would be dangerous to post a .blend (so please, don’t), but at least find access to a computer that you can use to dominate our desktop & hard drive with higher resolution images. Imagine: a 32 bit HDR render at 1048576 by 1255424 pixels. It would totally be worth the few hundred megabytes (if even that) it would take up, as well as the amount of time needed to load it.

Still, bravo.

WHOA!! How long did it take you?

Amazing work 5*
:slight_smile:

awww, beautiful! like a fantasy painting. pretty perfect I’d say!

It’s 7th of september already, ~9PM

Congrats on winning the BWC. I’m glad you did and you clearly earned it! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Congrats Zordan!

Your entry, and many of the other entries make holding the BWC 100% worth it. This was certainly the best year yet, thanks to all the hard effort you have put in over the months.

It makes such a lovely banner as well.

Doug

CONGRATULATIONS… I said you didn’t need luck… it was clear for me.

well done.