Project Tactical Emergency (2016)

New video.
updated recoil and added shadows, AO

really nice work. I’d like to see color correction(increased contrast, some other tweaks):slight_smile: A PBR would also come handy to improve look:) See what you can make there. However, you must first make sure that gameplay is 100%, otherwise it’ll be a bit harder to implement it over graphical game later…

Thank you. What is PBR ? how would i add it, yeah im taking a break from gameplay aspect, im focusing on graphics for a while
to clear my head from logic brick spaghetti :slight_smile:

Just a quick update. I know it`s been a month or two, but i thought i would let you guys know.

The project is still going on :slight_smile: i have added brand new walk animations, new first level with responsive
a.i, that is still in development. New original character outfit, new free run system, new climb system.

I will be doing a update in the future, stay posted!!

Happy new year

Glad to here it.

I think that many of your frustrations with ladders etc come from moving the armature rather then the hitBox, just try and put that out of your head :slight_smile:

Just use a force to counter gravity, and applyMovment or use physics to move the hitbox, moving the whole actor.

Yeah im re doing the ladder climb. Im going to move the box up, and animate in place not moving. :slight_smile:

New video coming tonight!!

This will be the training level/Tutorial to the game, witch i will be releasing soon for public Open Beta.
There are few problems still, i need to weight paint the body a bit more, wall climb glitches etc.

If there is anything else you would like too see in tutorial please share here :slight_smile:
I want to add ladder, pipe, and crouch and crawl system, but I alone find these difficult to create!
So here it is blender community! hopefully this might be one of them games that make blender
proud, so please help me, help us :slight_smile:

Woa looks great! Just a little thing i’ve noticed is that the characters eyebrows look a bit strange since the rest of his face has such a realistic look to it. Also i’d love to help you with modeling if needed:) good luck, this game has a lot of potential!

Yup i need somebody to do it for me, as every time i make them they looks crappy :slight_smile:

Hello,
You are doing really a nice job hope you keep working on it. Really appreciate the movements of your character, really natural. Except when he recharge his weapon.
The textures for your character are nice and the modeling too.
Hope you go to the end with this. Heart breaking seeing so many great project on this forum left unfinished.
So hope to see more updates in the future on this project.

Thank you :slight_smile:
Yeah it is heart breaking, i been on these forums 4 years and have seen them come and go.
I need to try and get a team together for my game, at current it`s just me :slight_smile:

What would you guys like too see in my game “Tac E a.k.a Tactical Emergency”
At the moment this is what i have: Walk, run, climb, climb high, wall splits, weapon system.

What i`m working on climbing pipes, squeezing into tight space.

What i would like is crouch, pistol, gadgets, Radar/minimap, as far a crouch i tried a few methods, but they
don`t seem to be working well for me.

I`m currently using Real time ambient occlusion filter and DOF, but the dof still is not setup properly.
I would love to have a better bloom, but the one i found i turn off because it drops FPS pretty bad!!

So what would you like too see added ? moves ? gadgets ?

Hey, just a random suggestion: driving vehicles… XD
Edit: I don’t know if that feature would be relevant to your game :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah :slight_smile: maybe on a chase scene, but the car will not be drivable per say lol.

Wow this looks better and better every time i see it!

Eyebrows - I always making a copy of the hair of the eyebrow texture and save it with alphas, then in edit mode copy the section of the face with the eyebrows and hover it above the face. Make sure to give it a separate material with the alpha texture. This gives the eyebrows a bit of height and a more realistic hair look. Other than that 5 stars good sir!

The muzzle flash could look better if you scaled it randomly and rotated it randomly. Maybe have it flash quicker. I make mine visible for 0.05 of a second.

Maybe like:

randomScaleXZ = RandomNumberBetween(0.75, 1.25)
randomScaleY =  RandomNumberBetween(1.0, 2.25)

flash.scale = (randomScaleXZ, randomScaleY, randomScaleXZ)

randomRotationZ = RandomNumberBetween(0.0, 359.0)

flash.rotation = (0, 0, randomRotationZ)

I may have made axis mistakes… I’m used to Unity where Z is forward.

Added Pistol with HUD and ammo system, i will add clip system soon.
I also added pipe climb and entering tight spaces.
NEW VIDEO coming soon.

Female character i`m working on. She will be the field analysis for the agent.
As you can see my texturing eye brows are better now :slight_smile:
Her eyes need a little more work, but overall not to shabby.