Project Tactical Emergency (2016)

I meant it different - like it is not in good graphics stage for low PCs for now. That shadow res would run at ~20 FPS anyway even in a scene with cube and plane for me.

This looks so cool, amazing work…

@adriansnetlis, I don’t think that the shadow and texture resolutions matter right now. I think @ChaosEmergency is focussing on animations and the game itself rather than that, at the moment…

That sounds extremely low. I tried on my old, really rundowned laptop right now, which is an AMD 1.6 GHZ. I added two spotlights with each a shadows with the resolution 1024 and it ran at about 55-60 fps at 1280*720.

My point is still that you shouldn’t limit yourself to what some old computer specs has, other than maybe have an some settings to optimize it, like turning off shadows or changing the screen resolution. As long as you target yourself to make a game that will run on old computers it will never look as great as it could have done, that’s not what the BGE needs right now, it needs something great-looking to show off, something that doesn’t look like an completely outdated game. Of course this is only what I think!

You could add a first person mode? Not sure if this is a good idea since it kind of defeats the purpose of the third person idea, and game play. Unless you went with a go-pro Mode. As if your looking from a camera he has, So you could see his legs arms, as hes climbing walls and stuff. Just an idea.

I want to throw out there my pc specs again.
Amd 4100 fx 4ghz turbo, it`s nothing amazing lol.
R9 280 3gb, beasty card yes, but there is better.

The shadows are at 4096 resolution and for a game like this they matter to look good, the texures are at
4096x4096 but that is basically standard these days, with good LOD it works a charm look at battlefield 4 on PS4.
At the moment the game is Pre-Alpha so optimization is not important, but it`s good to keep a eye on as i
always watch my FPS and keep it in 60fps, no compromise.

I start with highest texture 4096 so its easier later too go back and re code a lower res op for low end rigs, but thats not the focus right now like the above comments, the focus is building a foundation :slight_smile: hope that helps.

@deeempa89
Your right we gotta push blender, i could easily go to UNITY, but blender is where my heart is :slight_smile:

BLENDAH FOR EVAH!!! :ba:

Muzzle Flash and Aim fire

Looks amazing! The animations are really good. But I feel the arm should be going back farther for the recoil.

I agree, im making it all from scratch so its kinda hard sometimes to find a natural feel.
What bone do you suggest to bring back ?

Here is a new video guys.
Bullet holes and corsshair and reloading are in the game now.
There is a few bugs, like the one where i grab the NPC and the players arm is going through the npcs head.
How do i make it perfect, not in game the animation looks right, but in game sometimes gets offset.

I suggest bringing the elbow back. That will ensure a even more realistic feel to these great animations.

Great work! Looks brilliant! I’m a big Splinter Cell fan so I’m interested to see how this plays out!

Thank you for the kind words people. Yup splinter cell is my biggest influence.
Please tell me what other things you want to see me implement.

UPDATE
Going to be adding more environmental assets soon like, Barrels, fork lifts, truck and much more.
I am accepting object so send them to me please.

I need a better hardrive i think, i can`t record in 1080p 60fps, but i can play in that ratio.

Uploaded 1080p

Looking good so far! I would tweak the recoil animation though. It is way to strong

Now you need some shadows:D

Yup shadows are coming :slight_smile:

I can’t quite put a finger on it, but it looks like it just needs a bit of smoothing out in general. The mouse look seems to jump very quickly and the gun animations etc. Could just be the recording though :slight_smile:

It`s very smooth as a .blend, but as recording cause problems as it record in 1080p 60fps and it drops because i have crap harddrive. The reason it jumps up and down was me showing how fast you can aim in quick directions, but it is very smooth :slight_smile:

There is still lots of bugs, wish i had a team sometimes.