Problem with materials after exporting .fbx from Mixamo

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to create character animations using this pipeline: FaceGen artist>Daz 3D Studio>Diffeomorphic plugin>Blender>Mixamo>Blender

As of now, I have a good quality character and I have succeed uploading it to Mixamo and making animations. However, I ran into a problem in Mixamo, it didn’t let me upload. I researched and saw that this happens due to some nodes in shading tab having inputs in anything except Base color in Principled node.

I Decided to make copies of my meshes, along with materials (I have 3 meshes from Daz: main mesh, tear (eyes moisture) and eyelashes. I deleted all materials, keeping material slots (the main mesh has 14 material slots), planning to copy the duplicates of materials to the animated meshes when I export back my model.

Then I uploaded successfully and made my animation.

After exporting it back into Blender, I linked materials from duped meshes to the animated mesh from Mixamo, and all materials were put in their respective slots. However, all parts of the body have a face texture applied to them. (in this case, material that should be in slot 1 of the original model)

Applying required materials to other slots doesn’t work.

When exporting to FBX, I chose Path mode>copy. I tried twice, both with Embed textures option and without it, both yielding the same result.

I think it maybe has to do with some kind of texture mapping that was thrown off when I was exporting and importing back from Mixamo?

Also, the meshes when clicking the models in Edit mode look quite different. The animated one seems to have more polygons (it’s almost fully orange). Maybe that has to do with texture mappings, not sure.

I would greatly appreciate if some could point me the right direction to start solving this issue.

I find it better to NOT send the textures with the mesh…
Just export the Character as FBX No textures, No Rig, etc.
( just a bit hard to see in Miximo when rigging but doable if you know the character)

Re-Rig in Mixamo…Download with animation and skin…

Import FBX to the same Blend File ( Just Hide the original )

Click Viewport shading and Bobs your Uncle…It is textured…You just might need to adjust the textures…( I didn’t add the Eye mouth or inner textures on the original character in Blender )

You can now just delete the original character…