Pranavjit Virdi - Sketchbook

are you feeling cold yet?

the lens flares forget i did…
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1464/25094861181_b68082d326_o.jpgWIP_15 by pranavjitvirdi, on Flickr

neuwwwwwwwwww

hey guys here is my first ever attempt at animation!!
Tell me its mind blowing!! SAY IT!

It is absolutely scintillating! Well done!

anyone know any good tutorial on how to make a rig for a bird wing? any software?

Attachments

mark this day fellas, for it shall be known as the day pranavjitvirdi finally understood that character modelling is no small task, and that rigging is the biggest pain in the ass.
stc=1

ey chek this out

Second ever attempt at animation, First ever (serious) attempt at rigging a character. Tell me what i need to know.

Hmm… There are some errors.

‣The book’s spine has passed through the table. This can be easily corrected.

‣The pigeon’s feet goes through the book’s pages. This might be a problem with the rig of the legs. Need something to keep it from going through.

‣The pigeon’s movement, especially the head, is too smooth. Pigeon’s movements are often jerky. I think you might just need more reference. If you have a camera, you can video some pigeons. There are also available videos in youtube that you can use.

‣The flying doesn’t really look realistic. The bird raises smoothly like some elevator. There should be the raise and drop movements as the wings lift the bird at downward strokes and gravity pulls the bird back in upward strokes.

But then this looks like it is made for some educational shows or cartoon which often isn’t realistic, or use shortcuts, so it might be fine. Do you could always put in the extra effort.

‣The bird’s legs doesn’t bend in the landing. Try jumping and observe your legs. Your legs should be to cushion the impact. The same thing should happen when the bird lands. Again, some video references would help.

Though, I do like the page flipping. The letter movement (is that a letter?) is also good. It has a nice use the principles of animation. Maybe you could also try using squash and stretch for a cartoon effect.

Overall the animation is okey. It is more accomplished than anything I could do, at least.

yeah, i agree to it all…
frickin cant believe the leg issue occured … shit. The armature bones had x-ray turned on so i couldn’t have spotted this, well it adds up to my experience so next time ill double check aleast.

about other things tho… yeah the animation is a little unrealistic but its done on purpose because the whole thing is rather cartoon in nature so i didn’t aim for realism at all. but thanks for the input.

aaaaaand here we go again

oh and by the way check this out

wip 2, more to come

Wip3

Wip4

wIP5

WIP6 + animation

changed the face, guys if you know some source where i can draw some inspiration from for facial animation lemme know.

some more progresso, character finally rigged,

and working on cartoon clouds, dont know where im going with this but have to land somewhere.

Wip11