Poor Pluto

My Very Extravagant Mother Just Served Us…Nacho’s?
I’m going to miss the “Nine Pizza’s”

Im using this image for part of an english assignment where i have to do a speech on “the importance of image in shaping our perceptions of the world”

Thanks for the awesome image

I don’t know if anyone noticed over at CGTalk, but Pluto’s coloration is very off.
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap010319.html

Other than that, I really like the feel of the render.

Pluto should be pissed at 2003UB313

MHhhhh realy good … :slight_smile:

I like the way it shows the “odd” of science making strict labellisation of “quality” by some arbitrary “quantities” … (planet is that size) … it’s like some sort of strange behavior like saying “red is that wavelenght” … (“red” is different for everyone, just “something around that wavelenght”)…

Also I like Uranus off his axe, as in real …
Seeing Earth as warleader is also the really good idea … we should change that alltogether :stuck_out_tongue:

in short : realy nice interpretation of the commonly attributed personalities to the planets… good work of contemporan mythology in a beautyfull crafted image :slight_smile:

Dear Earth,

You see that ASTEROID heading your way…You’re welcome:evilgrin:

Thanks for nothing, you big meany.

Sincerely,
Pluto

P.S. The picture is great.

I like it. Though my eye is more drawn to Jupiter (due to his size) than Pluto (poor Pluto!). I was always taught when taking photos to place the tallest in the back, maybe that would help. That said. As it is I love it Mathias, a great piece and imaginative illustration.

Sorry, don’t like the picture. It’s too sad and hateful…

But nice technical work.

YOUVE MADE DIGG.COM!

http://digg.com/design/Poor_Pluto_picture

2770 diggs! that’s the current leader on the popular stories!

That is huge!

well done!

Attachments

I found out earlier today. It is completely insane! 1000 digs in around 2 hours!

Luckily though, I’ve gotten out of some of the over-excitement/happiness I suffered from earlier. It doesn’t really do any good in the long run. :slight_smile:

I really hope this makes some people discover Blender! Judging by some of the mails I’ve received it has. That is always good news!
//Mathias

OH NOOOOOO!!! PLUTO HAS BEEN ATTACKED YET AGAIN!

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/06/14/pluto_spa.html?category=space&guid=20070614140030&dcitc=w19-502-ak-0000

… Why must they be mean to poor pluto?

Absolutely stunning and ‘Starry Night’ is even better :wink:

the facial expressions are so awsome! really reduced and still intoxicating… Poor pluto :frowning:

:smiley:

Wow good job i loved it! 5 stars.

you get 5 SMILEYS!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

man, that is awesome.

excellent texturing

and the expressions are great, especially on mars and uranus

and poor pluto looks like hes about to cry :frowning:

“excellent texturing…on…uranus”…

That’s too much!! :smiley:

what a great job, all the little different aspects are great. The expressions on there faces are really life like with a alien quality thrown in. I read the article when they first down sized Pluto and I think you did a great job coming up with this drawing. You should find the article and send your photo.

Very funny and well done. I specially like the turned uranus, very good detail.

Five Stars form me!

nice work gotta feel sorry for pluto