Poor Pluto

Hey Congratz on making it to the blenderartists banner!

replaced with staring planets!

nice pic:rolleyes:

Great work!
Simple and expressive, and made me smile! :smiley:

Sweeeeeeet!

Wow! Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!!

And cool to see this as the BA banner now! Didn’t see that coming. :slight_smile:
//Mathias

great, very nice! Now it’s the wallpaper on my laptop screen! Very good job. keep doing such funy things!

Good work on contempary topic. I agree that this degradation of Pluto appears plain stupid . Just because they don’t like the declination of “his” ecliptic. What’s behind that? Most of the star systems in that sector of the galaxy have more than one single sun…

Great one Mathias, as always!

mathias - check out my tess project, the eyes are great! tho it’s not a great shot of the eyes so u cant see all the detail…

but there is now officially 10 planets and its larger than pluto

Hi,
I was wondering how you got those eyes (Poor Pluto) so great you should make a tutorial or a link to the file to I’ve tried to find a great link but there is’nt any, not even the Wikipedia has a good one as what you have done.
aWEsOme

Will2002 - read through previous posts cuz that’s already been covered…and download the .blend he posted cuz that helps alot with understanding it.

This is such a great and fun piece of work! And I fell pity for pluto too, lol! I think this could evolve into a very good funny animated story as well… I would love to see it!

First of all, absolutely amazing. The brows and expression are perfect. My only crit (that’s probably not worth mentioning) is that the bumpmap on Venus seems a bit too much, after all, Venus is covered with thick methane clouds.

Very very good job on the whole thing.

Wonderful peace of art. I like the concept, the design, everything. Two thumbs up!

PS. I would really like to use it as a wallpaper. Could you post a 2560x1024 version?

The most awesome thing is that you said, that it was a small project, and still it turned out this good.

Yes, congratulations!

The banner is much darker than your original image. For me the banner is much too dark where the full image is just right.

I think that the planets are way cooler than the frog. Nice work

Super. Not sure what part of the earth I’m looking at :spin:

I really love the romantic message of this picture !
I think you’d like “Amelie Poulain” movie if you haven’t seen it yet. (English title is “Amelie from Montmartre” I think)