Plasma Weapon :)

Congratulations on the feature row!

Man this is a killer weapon! Just imagine what it would be like to shoot something with this!

There are a few things that are bugging me though. It looks a bit off in the materials in a few places. Iā€™m pretty sure this is because the fresnel component is missing. It generally gives a bit of an over textured look when itā€™s missing, and thatā€™s what I feel like youā€™re getting here in a few of the pipes.

But other than that, I really canā€™t say anything. Itā€™s seriously fantastic work all around, 5 stars.

Thanks TARDIS Maker! This is the kind of feedbacks I appreciate the mostā€¦you learn something from it :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I really will have a look at what you suggested :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Good! Iā€™m glad.

A lot of the time I give similar crtitique on top row pieces and it gets ignored. It gets drowned out by all the ā€œfive starsā€, ā€œamazing workā€, ā€œI could never do thisā€, etc. which you get on practically any top row piece.

I find it a bit sad because it gives the impression that the work is perfect, and that author doesnā€™t care enough about seeing things that could potentially improve the image, or future images when they arenā€™t going to continue working on something.

But no image is perfect, and no artist has a perfect eye for detail.

Sorry about my little rant, I couldnā€™t help myself.

No problem at all and I totally understand what you mean! There is always something you can do better :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

This looks great. How much larger of a scene is this going to be a part of, because this seems pretty hi-poly already.

Hehe :slight_smile: :slight_smile: The scene is big and IĀ“ll have to perform different renders and after put them back together in the render layer compositor :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I am pushing my three Titan cards to the limit :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Have a look at my Behance and youĀ“ll see in the ā€œPlasma Weapon projectā€ some other things that I have created for this scene. This is very inspired by the movie ā€œRiddickā€ and even to some extend by ā€œJupiter ascendingā€ :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

https://www.behance.net/pasder

Nice!

ā€” Be a cool with ā€˜PlasmaGun-9000ā€™! :RocknRoll:

excellent work

Brilliant work OP! I like the creativity.

Seeing the rest of the scene parts on your behance, I canā€™t help but think this will have more story than the other projects you have worked up - bravo on all of it!

I put everything I have on this Sci Fi! Might become the best personel CG project I have worked on so far :slight_smile: Thanks mate!!

Very nice work my friend! Excelente details in modeling and textures, congrats! =)

Thanks Ricardo :slight_smile: You actually are one of my inspiration source :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

the picture with the wireframe on it looks nearly as organic as something from h.r.giger

Oh ok! That had not crossed my mind but you say it, I have to agree :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

wonderful level of detail and design!

I want one. :smiley:

I would give you one if I could :slight_smile: :slight_smile: