PixaFlux - PBR Texture Composer - Open Beta Testing

Thank you for your reply !

PixFlux is better and better ! Thanks for your hard work !

Also Could you spend sometimes to update the doucument ?

amazing work !!
this tool would be great to include it in blender :smiley:

Hey,I’m having some problems. When I’ve added a 3D object to the node with an OBJ file selected it doesn’t show up at all in the model viewport. Neither does one without a file-looking at the videos,it’s supposed to be a cube,right? Moving the object’s location around does cause the grid to update and move around every some units. I tried the stanford bunny(has no UVs), for example, as it’s proven to be a working OBJ file, but it didn’t show up, although it did change the grid’s size. Trying an exported from blender cube w/ UVs and plugging in some gradient or something in the albedo didn’t make it show up. Having a background in the viewport didn’t help. Paste of a detailed log,if it helps: http://pastebin.com/hhqVCQDF Forgot to add that I have 8 gigs of RAM.

Sometimes,when importing a model the viewport’s near draw distance would get set to 0.00, too, though I think this might be because the near distance can’t go below 2 or so digits after the floating point, which is rather strange.

Other than that,I think PixaFlux needs a keyconfig and some improved default keys,like x for deleting,mmb panning/scrollwheel zooming in image viewport and shift-selecting instead of ctrl-selecting.

Hi Viktor,

Unfortunately this is a bug. I can reproduce this issue on a laptop I own. The good news is that reproducing a bug is the first step to fix it! I’ll get it fixed for the next release.

Yes, adding a configuration window with hotkeys and mouse commands would be a great addition, but it’s not an easy task, specially with the mouse actions, which sometimes have completely different combinations. I’ll add this request to the backlog.

Thank you for sending your log files! They always help to understand the issues with the software!

Hello wuren,
Yes, we are working on the documentation!
I will upload more video tutorials soon too!
Thank you!

Hello,

There is a new PixaFlux release (2016-04-23).

For this release we have continued improving the texture compositing features of PixaFlux, focusing on the concept of texture elements.

http://i.imgur.com/a4jHvEW.gif

New Nodes
Offset Node with multiple one to one input - output.

New Node Features
Flip Node with multiple one to one input - output.
Align Node with multiple one to one input - output.
Perspective Node with multiple one to one input - output.
Stretch Node manipulator resize.

User Interface
File > New > New PBR Project
Model to Display: Box - Sphere - Cylinder.
Hold down shift to prevent autoconnect.

Thank you for all your feedback. For the next release we’ll continue working on the texture compositing features of PixaFlux.

Been testing this! It’s pretty cool but I noticed with .raw formats it’s a bit slow with updating the viewport (at least at the large size my camera takes pictures at, 5k x 3.4k or so). They also appear to be a bit grainy where as my other software has them smooth.

When you get the time it would be nice to get some updates so it can handle large .raw images better. A batch system would be nice as well.

I understand you’re focusing more for 3D so this kind of stuff would be lower on the list but just want to put in my two cents.

Hello RealityFox

Been testing this! It’s pretty cool but I noticed with .raw formats it’s a bit slow with updating the viewport (at least at the large size my camera takes pictures at, 5k x 3.4k or so). They also appear to be a bit grainy where as my other software has them smooth.

Yes, I started working on PixaFlux as a pure image editor, and we had just started developing support for Raw when I decided to focus completely in texture compositing. In the near future we will add even more 3D texturing tools and features!

Thank you for testing PixaFlux!

Doing it in blender would limit his design choices. Also maybe he prefers qt and c++

I just found this new awesome software on you tube.
There’s any chances to know, in what range of price this will be sold ( when it will be ready for the release )?
Could be this a valid alternative to other pbr suite like quixel and substance?

I’m sure many of us would prefer it, if will have a competitive price and good a potential.
Meanwhile i’ll test the beta.

Hello Myashi

Thank you for your kind words!
We still don’t know what will be the price, but it will be affordable… For sure cheaper than other texturing tools!

In the meantime…

We have added a new node-based texture generator to PixaFlux.

Now you can combine image editing tool and procedural textures in the same workflow graph.

Also, there is a new Render 3D Texture node that bakes procedural textures onto your 3D models!

Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions! We are planning to add many many more procedural texture nodes, and it would be awesome to have some input to decide what textures would be more useful!

Thank you!

Hello,

There is a new PixaFlux release (2016-12-20).

Since the last post we have added a lot of new nodes and tools:

with

• Mesh Distance Node.
  • Seamless Perlin Noise generator.

For the next release we’re working on more nodes to bake multiple geometry properties to images and masks to use in your texture compositions.

We are always open to questions and suggestions.

Thank you!

Hello,

There is a new PixaFlux release (2017-01-15).

We have a new exciting node that bakes a normal map that softens the hard edges of your models!

This is the list of new features.

New Nodes

• Mesh Smooth Normal.
  • Texture Gradient.

New Features

• Viewport Model Debug Shader.
  • Gradient Editor in Gradient node and Gradient Map node.

We are always open to questions and suggestions.

Thank you!

Big thanks !

I really like this tool !
I am waiting PixaFlux can create ,export and reuse (Presets)Node Goup . also Presets can support input ,expose fuctions to group UI
So I can move many presets that i created in Substance design to PixaFlux

Thank you wuren!

Yeah! We’re on the design phase of reusable node groups… It’s a big change, but it’s totally on our radar!

Hello,

There is a new PixaFlux release (2017-02-20).

For this new release we improved the Transform Manipulator, and added a new Stamp node that clones and transforms multiple texture elements.

These are the new nodes and features

New Nodes

• Stamp Node.
  • Billow Noise Node (seamless).
  • Ridge Multi Noise Node (seamless).
  • Voronoi Noise Node (seamless).
  • Random Noise Node.

New Features

• Transform Frame Manipulator
  • Blur Node with seamless boundary condition.

We also implemented many of your suggestions: The model viewport remembers its last session position and size. Left click on the [+] button in the model viewport opens the settings window.

Thank you!

thats, interesting

This is starting to look like Substance Designer without the pricetag and the iRay fluff, good work so far.

One question, is there any catch in using the beta (for things like using created texture for commercial work, output size restrictions, and the like)? I may just download this just to have it if there isn’t.

Hello Ace Dragon,

Thank you for your interest in PixaFlux.

The current version of PixaFlux is free and it has no limitations at all. You can use it for creating any kind of work, including commercial, without any watermarks or size restrictions. However, it would be nice if you could share with us what you create with PixaFlux (but it is not required).

Really interesting and usefull software, but the GUI is really hard to understand. The properties in the left when all the software use the right side, icons and functions hard to read… But the idea is really good.