Pilot

wow :slight_smile: i really love the materials and the idea with the turtleneck ! :stuck_out_tongue:
(by the way, is there a good tutorial for wool(-material) ? couldnĀ“t find one :confused: )

This is amazing work!
Would you like to share a wireframe of picture number 2?

my god! beautiful!!

did you render with Vray with Blender, 3dsmax or Maya?

This is way cool!

Wow! ā€¦ Iā€™m speakless.

It feels like I can touch those materials, you sir/madam are a wizard:) Would you mind posting or describing your material setups, lighting rig, render times etc.?

Excellent concept, superbly executed, Truly inspirational!

Oh hell yes!!! Amazing! Very very nice! Straight to inspiration folder! :yes:

this is super cool

Nice, nice, nice!

Thanks everyone again! I knew sci-fi will do it! xD
@maije, 1: 3 weeks for the modeling - Iā€™ve started from sculpting base form, so you can count design in here. And a week for the shading and rendering. +/-2 days xD. 2: Yeah, VRay fur + displacement.
@Zimtstern, I tried to copy the approach of this guy: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?165249-The-Flash-Noir/page3
@marcatore, Maya Vray.

About render setup - nothing special. Linear workflow + HDR for the base light + 2-3 soft area lights to adjust the volume. HDRs are from this site: http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html
All materials have reflection with fresnel thatā€™s why they are looking good.

awesome work!!! materials are looks realistic ;D
but can u provide us some wireframes pls :smiley:

very nice!
The turtle neck is so neat. This is an incredible blend (no pun intended) of technology, leather and wool with an alien added in to top it off.
very nice! :yes:

The sweater neck really makes it. And the metal shaders are way above average. And not least, the lighting really enhances everything. Itā€™s rare to see someone put enough work into that, nice job.

Attention blender users! Anyone wanting to see how texturing, lighting, and modeling are properly done: see above! This is it!

awesome! great work!

love the attention to detail with the cotton fibers for the rim light effect!

One important question. Have you tried Vray for Blender yet? And if so, what was your experience and where are the differences? Oh and the thing about fresnel is so true. I always keep that in mind nowadays.

The turtleneck made me smile, what a wonderful heartwarming (neckwarming? :)) idea. Awesome work, great materials, lighting, presentation!

The jumper like material round the neck is great. What was the set up there.

Love the texturing quality, man. Great lighting, too. Just a fine job overall.

OH MY ā€¦
sorry i just fainted ā€¦ wow, beautiful manā€¦ are you a man :confused: ?, anyways thatā€™s awesome.

totally awesomeā€¦