painting in 2.73

No, a second node would be used if you are painting on a new canvas that will be layered onto the other, or used as a stencil between shaders, etc. To add a new brush, simply click the number ‘2’ next to the name of your brush under the brush icon window, just above the color picker. that makes a new brush, and you can delete the connection to the image texture it still has and add a new texture to the brush in the brush panel over in properties.

Awesome Craig, Thanks, that easy huh… LOL! You never know with Blender… I was able to add my second texture via hitting the 2 on the brush side Lhside and then adding it on the texture side R.hside and begin painting. I did not know that it would save on the same canvas. I did come across one thing on my Texture Brush (see pic) Is that from my modeling? Or is there some “island setting” or the likes I can switch on to smooth that out? Notice the weird artifacts I am getting…

Nevermind last question that was due to a corrupt PNG that had Alpha in it where it was not needed. The real trick to getting a good look is to have tileable assets to paint with. Here is a first pass through it FWIW
Appreciate the help…Thank you again!

Cool, glad you got it working!

Thanks to Craig…Appreciate the time you took to share a video.

I´ve watched this tutorial at post #4. He draws at 7:28…7:36 a decreasing stroke there. How he does that, its for my a big mystery. Ive tried all kinds of key combinations without success. Can somebody explain this for my, please. Oh, I use 2.74.4 Win7.

Pressure sensitivity turned on for size on the little finger icon to the right of the slider, so the artists drags the stroke and decreases pressure with the wacom pen and the stroke narrows.

Oh, it works only with wacom, shame. Silly my, but thanks anyway.

You can get a simple inutos tablet and pen for $99 US, and it will last years. My old wacom is at work so I can use it at lunch and for occasional need, and the new one is here at home.

Well, yes but no;). I´m sated with my good computer. Thank you!

Painting and sculpting in most apps benefits from the use of a pen and tablet to take advantage of pressure sensitivity for stroke width, strength, and for jitter and spacing controls. Iceking has done freakishly awesome sculpts with a mouse alone, but I have only had good results from using the wacom pen.