Orckish warrior

He is wearing nice shorts … I wonder which material they will be made of :wink:

The weapon looks a bit like chiseled from flint stone, but it fits well to the character.

Really impressive modeling, especially on the accessories! Sculpting-wise the only thing I would critique is the unevenness of the surface in certain areas such as the upper arm muscles, the muscle strings are just a little too visible for my taste which makes them feel kind of lumpy when the Refelections glaze over them, but other than that, its really outstanding work!
The textures look promising, too, you got beautiful color variations going on (tho beautiful might not be the right word for it, i guess :D)
You might just pull out some of the saturation, at the moment his extreme skin color makes him look more ridiculous than terrifying.
Keep it up, this is going to turn out really well!

I think shading is not my best skill but I’m pretty happy with the result.
I know it’s not perfect, I see so many hardcore SSS fan here and people who makes noodle plates with the node editor that will cry for heretism :o… but, that’s ok for me.

BTW, my dynamic wrinkles, veins and muscle defromation node using normal maps is working really fine and offer super cool result.
I can’t wait to rigg this beast and drive everything :slight_smile:

There will be a lot of tutorial around this character.
I think I will make tips vidéo on every steps.

Thanks suboptimal.
Currently, I think the GLSL viewport makes colour super saturated.
Have a look to the first cycles render above and let me know what you think :slight_smile:

The Cycles render is looking great, the color looks alright to me this way :slight_smile:
A dynamic Skin detail system seems interesting, did you sculpt several versions of the model, baked them out and blend them together driven by bone transformations?

Yes, that’s gonna be the trick.
I’ve made a normal map in pose, and a normal map with muscular contraction and skin wrinkles.
I will blend them using drivers linked to bones deformation and will isolate them probably with vertex colour map.
I mean probably as I’ve never used vertex colour map, but I think it’s a good way to create areas without adding more vertex group to a complex model and with a reduce weight.
MAybe I’m wrong but I think vertex colour map must be super light as it’s just colour information of a vertex.

Am I right?

Just getting further with shading.
I like the way it’s turning out.

You may have faced this before.

My girl friend oftenly comes above my shoulder and say “you should do this like this, this part sucks, this doesn’t look like what it is supposed to be”… Luckily, she’s allways right :smiley:

So she told me, without any technical knowledge how I should make the scratched paint on the armor parts…
And it works super nicely.

Let me know what you think, I believe the bumpiness of the paint is a bit to strong :slight_smile:

I’ve just updated the shader and the shoulder plate map.

looks better

Thank you for your .pdf on zbrush/blender workflow. I have been searching for just that, it is very helpful.

Hi Olmoigny,

You’re wellcome and thanks for the feedback.
I will publish video tutorial to create the ORck warrior or something like this and I will cover this alos.

I hope to be done with texturing and shading tomorow.
Then I will work on hair system.

Is great.Think of mat is high low middle. Work in multies with the collapas.<< Paint and stroke.

Axe are shaded.

Incredible character design, Pierrick! I love the detail on the painted and scratched armor, as well. You’re making very good progress!

Hi JAmes, thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

I wish I had finished shading in the WE but it’s pretty late now.
I need to get to bed. I hope I can find some time between 2 orders tomorow to finish it.

HEre is the result of a Week end on texturing and shading.
Only boots are to be done now

You should do something with the nails of this guy. They look way to white and shiny.

Except for that 5 stars from me :slight_smile:

Thanks for your comment :slight_smile:
But, currently I just havn’t finished shading and texturing and the nails are not done at all… :slight_smile:

impressive shading and coloring on the armor.

I was planning to add hari on arms, torso and head…
But I hesitating.

Memory usage is already over 7Gb so I can’t use GPU for general renders…
I think I will have a try… and I will make a lighter Map version for the animation as render will be in 1920x1080
Current ORck maps are 8192x8192 and accessories have each one maps in 4096x4096.

Following Kent rules(maps should be twice the size of render output), cuting these in half for a HD animation render will be enough, while I will keep the High maps for close up and stills.

Haha! This looks very (first) Warcraft…ish? Very nice work! Love the look of the character.