Opening the Dark Portal

Great work man! I love the mood, looks so epic!

Amazing work! Man I’m so jealous, mine could barely render half a million poly T.T

Dude, this is really great, thanks for posting. I am not saying that just because I am a huge warcraft fan either.

WoW
this awesome man
ilike this kind of work
so epic

Very nice, keep going.
Muito legal.

Utterly amazing work. This proves that Blender can stand toe-to-toe with any tool out there!

This is amazing! I love it! Great job! :slight_smile:

Really enjoyed poking through CGsociety link in the top post.

Great job.

Wow, this is one of the best renders I’ve seen in a while! First thing I though when I saw it was LoTR. Great job!

This is not a high polly image, - by scale is huge and amass of ‘matierials’ and suggestion of oreintation. Tripdictic. 3.pic and centered.So here you are, congrats. But what now? So many emotions>

how did you get the … idk Energy channels flowing to the portal like that? love to see that work flow if possible

A decent work
very good

That’s just so awesome and inspiring. You must be a very skilled cg artist.

@julperado, @davincheaney, @tiger2011, @sergiopt, @Safetyman, @RisingLane, @FoundationsofPause, @ShadowCamero, @Smokey, @animator_mojtab, @SpaceC:

Whoa, that’s a massive wave of nice comments!
Thanks very much, for each one of you! <3

Hey, thanks man!
btw, actually i have a old core 2 duo desktop, take a look at instancing objects, this thing can do miracles for modest configurations like ours :wink:

Sure man, i did a quick GIF animation with the layer stacking for you!

https://i.imgflip.com/hm0c8.gif

I basically took a hard edged brush and started painting a fog like behavior with the tablet, added some glow with inner & outer glow in PS, and masked some things using a semi transparent brush to give some depth to the fog/energy flow (ahh, also i’ve used some liquify here and there!)

Nothing fancy, just a trial & error approach with brushes, at some point things start to look good hahahah

Anything, feel free to ask! :wink:

Cheers guys!

Incredible artwork.
only 1 Gb on cycles?
did you used any maps or all is procedural?

5* artwork an deaserved top row.
congratulation.

holy crap, this is phenomenal! I hope this gets into the gallery

The animation will be epic!

I like it very much. The first render is my favourite, it looks more like a movie :eyebrowlift:

Holy Mother of Modeling! This scene would actually deserve a video game built around this portal.

Congrats, very good work.