Old Mill

@@Herbert123:

Wow, thats a long list! hahahah
ok, lets by parts:

You made very good appointments, to be honest, when i started this, was not really a “real project thing”, but mostly a exercise (wanna to paint some textures on anything), so because of this the majority of modeling is very undetailed, only in about the past days i started to think of made an actual render of it
That been said, i agree with you, many thing you listed there were things i not even noticed, like the angulation of the blades on windmills :o

I’m really thinking about checking all these things back and made another render, i guess its a pratice i need to do more times, i really apreciate the crits, even if i dont touch this render anymore, will have this things in mind when doing my next project :wink:

Thanks for the comments!

very good like to see more

Fantastic job!

Ok, at first I thought the the final render was the reference photo!

i learned much from this image, thankyou

The clouds in that first render are beautiful. It feels very wind waker like (a game I, sadly, have not played yet.)

@Sepultura On this pic /uploads/default/original/4X/e/5/7/e57714281ff6d7e6392249182a24adc5b1dab7d7.jpeg I see 14 hours render time :eek: - is that so? Or I wrong? If that so - how many samples for 14 hours? And GPU or CPU (and which)?

Fantastic mood. Well done :slight_smile:

You didnt see wrong hahahah

Unfortunately, i have an old dell workstation (core 2 duo with an quadro that cant even render in CUDA), so all the render work are done in CPU, in this particular render i did a render in WQHD (2560x1440) to help showing the particles, and something close to 1000 samples in Limited Global Illumination, but in general my render times are usually similar to that, if not even greater

I’m doing a fucking huge blaster big satanic black dildo project of Zion from Matrix now, and estimates that the final render will take something around 3 fully days to render hahahahah, easy going :smiley:
(obs: i’ve already burned two desktops and one macbook pro doing renders, my thing ;o)

and Thanks for all the comments guys! (@manojrajan)

This is cool! Love the creepy feeling to it. Great work!

I like the mood of the scene. Great job!