Of butterflies and astronauts

nice work, since I was just watching the cowboy bebop movie last night, it reminded me of that (features lots of yellow butterflies near the end) But it’s also a stand-out piece for many other reasons. One of the few works that actually expresses something, and you also have good composition, mood, and technical execution. Feel good about that, friend!

Wow … just wow–really inspirational, creative, and original. I’m bookmarking your work and will definitely follow your progress

This is a really cool concept. Actually, the first thing it made me think of is Boulder Dash III on the Commodore64. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have no idea why there are butterflies coming out of a spacesuit, but it’s AWESOME :smiley:

No idea how much of that is lighting, how much is shaders, how much is postpro and how much is just good sculpting, but the suit looks magnificent!

Keep it up!

I love it! Nice atmosphere.

Great job!

looks great to me!

100% awesome!! 5 stars *****

This is simply beautiful, I really love this piece.

how do you make the coat’s material?? so envy…

how do you make the coat material?? so envy…

This is very good – the subject and mood remind me a bit of Jeremy Geddes, he seems to like cosmonauts too :slight_smile:

Beautiful. Very poetic.

Top notch, not only the technique, but the awesome-clapping-hands-jaw-dropping concept. :smiley: five stars!

Amazing!!! It is so original. You must have put a lot of work into it.

Wow,… I am speechless. All the kind words, than 5Stars and Now featured.Thank you very much.

@Kemmler: Yes, I feel very good my friend. Do you mean the Movie or the Series? You have to try “Samurai Cahmploo”. I am not so much into Animes. But i love unconventional Styles.

@220696: Can´t really remember the the exact Material components. But at this time I wasn’t so much into Cycles and I think it was more a Mixture between trial and error and a little bit of experience with other Renderers. The Texture is window or Camera projection. I am going to check this out. Here you can see a clay Version:
http://www.ihatedesign.de/blog/?p=2808

@ ssideris: At the time of the creation process i did not know Gaddes. But a week ago or so I have stumbled upon him and was totally stunned because he is a painter. I should contact him to have a little conversation about our Astronaut fantasies.^^

The Original Concept was without Butterflies. Instead there were many Lightbulbs in the Background to create a Surreal Space Illusion. But I wasn’t satisfied with the bokeh effect/result and it felt to technical. It needed a bigger contrast.

@eagleflyer: The whole creation process took me about 3 Months. I only had the time to work in my spare time because i was in the middle of my bachelor thesis. If i had the time to just work on one project like this ( and this is more than unrealistic) it would take about a week or less. Two days for the Pre-Production. ( For me the most important part. Concept and Mood creation) Two days modeling and sculpting and one Day for Rendering and Post.

100% agree, fantastic art/vision you have.

looking forward to more of your work.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

very nice original creation I love

Inspiring image!
Loved it!