Ocean simulation and sailboat

Wip…

Cool !
It was a surprise for me too !

Wip…

The boat on sea :

I need to work on the rear roof and I’ll work on the animation…

Beautiful!

Thank’s :slight_smile:

Fabulous work as always. The sailboat is great and the wake simulation is also very impressive. However the water material itself could be better. The reflections seem very weak from above and all around it’s too blue. Did you actually color the sea blue? Because in reality water is not blue at all. The only blueness should be the reflection of the sky. Still though I’d love to see the finished animation of this. =D

Yea, this is really coming along nice, I’ve been enjoying watching your progress, both in the model and the simulation… I do kind of agree with Owldude on the reflections.

"opens proxy. Everyone knows about my predicament.

Hello !
That’s cool you have an interest in my project :slight_smile:
You’re right about the water I add some blue color in my glossy shader because it’s always difficult to have the right shader with a surface when, in the reality, the water is a volume which interact differently with the atmosphere according to his depth. I will make some new text with more reflection and less glossy color shader.

See you later !

Hello !
I’m sorry but I didn’t understand what you said. Explain it as if I was a Frenchy :slight_smile:

Okay, let’s work about it :slight_smile:

Zakousky, Youtube is banned in my country. So I have to use proxy.

Not cool…
Where are you from ?
And is there something I can do to let you see my youtube files more easily ?

I’ve modified the ocean material.
What do you think about this new version ?

Subtle, but yeah feelin it :wink:

I’ve removed all the glass blue color and I’ve reduced drastically the glass channel.
Got an other idea to increase the realism ?

There’s a recipe in here you may like: http://www.amazon.fr/Blender-2-5-Materials-Textures-Cookbook/dp/1849512884/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1361046110&sr=1-1-catcorr

Not sure how it correlates to the tutorial on his site (I did look ages ago): http://cogfilms.com/

Try to get it to match the sky color a little more, or else tweek the sky color itself.
I usually use a mix node to tweek sky color, like this.

Hope this helps.

Beautifull work !