norvman's_ Sketchbook

Norvman! whats up!?

nice sketchbook. My only complaint is your noise but that nothing to whine about. I know it’ll get more interesting as time goes. Great to see you joining in.

Thanks Master Zee… yep… I am still playing around with cycles and have yet to get a good handle on elimenating noise at acceptable render times with cycles… I have fallen in love with cycles and node based shader building… (which I only used lightly in XSI before) … I very much am following your youtube tutorials when I can fit them in schedual… you got a great portfolio going there guy…

Here’s a modeling study I did of Jenna Elfman…
not too great in my opnion …
but still made a great female head model for some character I will use later down the road…

Attachments

and a side view

Attachments

here’s the source material…
http://wowcelebs.info/jenna-elfman-hq-pictures/jenna-elfman-26822

was making an attempt to use polygonal hair to save on rendering times for animation…
but rendered this in Cycles…
Also have not made any attempt as yet to add any painted texturing for the skin… this is all proceedural so far… the hair strands are hand painted… and still need some work… but this was just ‘sketching’ and ‘experimental’ work for me… I haven’t gotten that much of a chance to do much modeling and texturing in blender of late so…

interesting, I just get some rendering artifacts when using it (I can post a render if you think you know what it could be caused by)

Hey Cube God… I was just browsing through my sketch book and I noted that I seemed to have missed this comment… I didn’t mean to ignore yah… things have been busy with my work lately and I haven’t had time to check everytthing at BA like I like to…

oh yeah, I can post the render, making a sketchbook post now :wink:

This is not really sketchbook material but I just wanted to post to everyone that I am currently moving my Tank Track Tutorials over to Vimeo…

https://vimeo.com/norvman/videos

This will be my video posting site for the time being for anyone with any interest…

Just a set I have been working for some time… have hardly had time to mess with it much but needs lots of work…

I have to appolize again Cube God… here it is almost a year and I respond to your post… Sorry…

I have been snowed under with work this past year (AutoCADD stuff) … you should contact Master Xeon above… I believe he has tackled the Cycles light bug problem… I"m still in the dark about it frankly and will need to find out myself what is up with it…

Anywayz…

New Project that I have just started modeling on…

another angle with more modeling detail

With some Texturing work in Cycles…
(I’m still working on my texturing skills) (that is to say I’m not at all satisfied with my texturing results)

a few more boogies…

and the Idler Wheel…

Test to see if all the Running Gear is working

Beginnings of Hull Modeling…

Tank tracks look amazing, cool video too! :smiley: Heinzelnisse did a good one a little while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk4BmCQCLmI

Very nice work… very well done…

thanks for the Reference Vick!

Adding some detail to the Rear Hull…