New short film 'Whole' released

Weirdo movie, haha. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed sitting through it, and it managed to not let my attention stray even for a second. Good job!

Amazing job, story, visuals and animation: William Reynish, congrats!

Wow, that was amazing, the translucency, the animaiton, lovely! I did see a lot of noise in areas though, but great!!!

That was very well done congratz to you and everyone involved

Ooh. Is there any way we can see the stereoscopic version?

How long did the project take from preproduction to finished state?

I will see if I can upload a stereo version shortly.

Bloodwork:

It took about a year from concept to final product. Production about 5 months. # of people varied from one to six along the way :slight_smile:

Fantastic short film! :smiley: I must admit that I usually get bored super fast with people’s shortfilms, and I almost never finish them. This one grabbed me in the beginning and my eyes never left the screen for a second until the end. Great work!

My only minor complaint is the static noise that others has commented as well, but otherwise, great. And perhaps that the credits went so fast I didn’t have a chance to see read everything (I would not have seen that RenderStreet was used unless you had written it here).

I too would love a stereo version! :slight_smile:

Did you have a different static seed for the second camera? Because otherwise, wouldn’t a staitc seed create a wall of noise on the screen plane?

William, this kind of work I would like to be see done with Blender more often. Very well developed artistic style, great characters, but most important, it has that ring of magic so important to truly inspiring animation.

One point of criticism would be the scene with the “panther”. That animal seems out of touch with the well-crafted style of almost everything else, not really conveying any sense of danger or threat, it really needed more character.

But, dont understand me wrong, this must be one of the stronger animations I have ever seen.

i watched it, without subs, purely from a visual perspective. This is a very well directed film, it felt “expensive” even though the characters where simple.

I thought it was better than most of the open movies I saw in terms of directing, staging. I’ll watch it again with subs later. Very inspiring. ( i know its not an open movie btw, just meant in terms of longer films i’ve seen come out of blender)

will there be a “making of”?

Really, really good!

Looks like you went to the right school as the film is easily understood without knowing the dialogue.

I wish you the very best for the future, because you deserve it.

wow, it’s great! :slight_smile:

Really great short film. Very artistic, and while it was abstract, there was no point where the story became confusing, while leaving plenty of space for interpretation.

PS. I’m Danish too :D.

Already commented on Vimeo, congrats william, glad to see this :slight_smile: hope it sees a lot of buzz

Nice, clean and so surprising!
Real great and quite a few skills demonstrations in there!
Colors and lightnings are groovy and the overall result is just sweetly bluffing!
Congrats

This deserves to be front rowed why not post it in finished works. Super work.

really well done guys, love that school always wanted to go to the open workshop to do a film, sooner or later i will,
anyways, loved the film and there should be some setting to turn on the subtitles by default!

Cheers!!

Thanks, though I think you are confusing the Film School with the Animation Workshop. Both in Denmark, though :slight_smile:

Agreed, it’d be great to be able to enable subtitles by default in Vimeo. Not sure if it’s possible though.

Congrats, a great short really well done. Is there a hint of inspiration from Miyazaki?