My works ( .Blend Available for ALL SCENES )

Those look great! Working on any games, or just makin art atm?

Thanks! ^^
I was working in a game named Cube! , but i have not time for continue to developer this =/
But… i´m hope a one day start one great game project in BGE ^^

Unfortunately BGE want to be optmized yet for a one big project, frustrum culling, backface culling, portals, VIS system and a “not Logic Brick” API for game engine is essential too.

I like very much the “Myst” style game, maybe a one day i start something like that.

Hello!
there is a compiled current version of the scene “Ruinas”
There is a lot to improve then send your suggestions ^^
Bye!
http://www.4shared.com/file/80669416/517ffc5f/Ruinas.html

With some python work and use of setting object visibility and restoring/disabling dynamics, you can get quite a sizable scene running at about 30 FPS at the slowest.

The BGE does have backface culling, if you run your scene in wireframe you see faces pointing away from the view isn’t rendered, this is only if twosided is not checked in the UV options.

Ok with “some” work is possible, but not practical in atual system arrested Logic Brick. I really like to see all this automatic ^^

I did a test with backface culling. I put a cube with a dozen subdivisions in one side and let it turn back on camera. And the fps fall sharply as the Render was computing these faces. How this can happen if the blender has a system Backface Culling?maybe I have done something wrong in my test rsrsrs

How did you do the video to texture? Is it in the official svn? 2.48? How do you use it?

Video Texture is a SVN yet. I hope to be included in 2.5.

It is not very difficult to use, you put a script in object that will have the reflection (can be any object but it only makes flat reflection yet).

There are some tips that have to follow, but it is very simple. I created a basic plan reflected Templare and now I just append this in the scenes and continue to develop the material from it.

The newest SVN and the topic about this

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65107

is it possible to do both a tut and a video, or maybe do both as one ex.a video tutorial.:o:o:o

I do not know how to do videos tutorials =/
but i can do a tutorial. ^^
I have been without much time lately but I will take a while to write it.

video tutorials are easy, you just have to download some sort of video application and then you pretty much go through the tutorial but people can see what to do.

Program that you could suggest me to write these video tutorials?
I will show a new work soon.

There are a lot of free programs which allow you to make a video tutorial, but it depends of your OS.
Here are some examples :
for windows : “Free Screen Recorder” (it is an ameliorated version of Camstudio), “fraps” (demo version), “Wink”…
for mac : there are two solutions : Jing (also works on Windows), and a mix of three softwares : Camswitch, Imovie and audacity (this solution isn’t the faster one, but it works well)
for linux : “Wink”.

Well, just do some research on google if you want to find more informations about these softwares (I’m too lazy to make links), or just type “free screencast software”, and you’ll have some good results.
Hope it helped:D

yes, you helped, Thanks ^^

I´m build a new Scene. I hope you enjoy!

Name: The Blue Room
Features: Bake Radiosity Light, floor reflective, normal map, widescreen camera.

Attachments

Very nice work indeed. I think this is almost better than Endi’s work.

As you said before, your using the VideoTexture for the reflections and I’m guessing that you baked most of the lighting, correct?

Wow I really like your scenes !
I almost think they could be used these as some sort of proof-of-concept demo for the BGE - where they would be the graphic part of the proof
Dynamic lighting, mirror effect

It just lacks an animated textures effect, and a dynamic shadows effect :wink:

Oh Thanks! :smiley:
But the Endi’s work is Very beautiful!!!
I want a day build scenes as his :yes:
Realy. All Lighting was baked. I´m using Radiosity for build the Light only.
And the VideoTexture SVN for Reflections.

The trouble in the dinamic shadow is always the FPS down and the “light harmonic” from the scene.
Animated texture is easily implemented, but not always is the better solution because is very hard to create the “Texture with frames” as AnimatedTexture water fron Yo Frakie. Sometimes a script UVscroll in the UVW more practical in my opnião, for create a sky animated for exemple.

I will release this Scene for download soon and the .Blend too.
Bye :wink:

Is this actually in the bge?

Endi’s got some competion now! Good job so far keep up the good work!

About animated textures, you do know you can use videotexture to play animated texture/movie files right?

Yes this is in BGE! :smiley:
I still have to study hard to get to the level of Endi :yes:

Oh of course , The VideoTexture SVN can manipulate movies. With him we only need to create the avi. But to simple things (a sky for example) is still better the ScroolUV. For create a TV animated for exemple the VideoTexture is ideal.

To create Water i used UVscrool to animated normal, is not perfect as an animation but
it is simple to implement and use