MotionTool - Dev Thread

UPDATE:

Added a “Shape Key Value” Node, easy set for shape keys without know the data path
http://puu.sh/c45Ru/c7519f1cc8.png

Cheers!

MotionTool BETA 0.2 Warm Up

New 11 Node Functions:

• IF Condition
  • Compare Float ( >=, <=, ==, != )
  • Logic Operators (NOT,AND, NAND, OR, NOR, XOR)
  • Anim Float and Anim Vector with Ease equations
  • Set Float Modifier and Set Vector Modifier for easy handle modifier parameter values without set data path
  • Set Value Shape Keys for easy handle Shape Keys transition without set data path
  • Set Boolean Properties
  • Convert Float to Boolean and Boolean To Float

@@karlis.stigis Another thing - taking animation from one object and repeating that to another with delay node. Including texts. :slight_smile:

We just finished a fast and clean implementation to do it! :smiley:
It’s too late for MotionTool in 0.2 but for sure will be in 0.3, it’s already working great but we want to test it more.

A Complete FCurve Repeater with Delay Node Config:

I bought this and I do love supporting the Blender community, but I’m wondering what is going to differentiate this from the Animation Node system that is being simultaneously built? Having a bit of buyers remorse.

Hi JWise, they are two different projects. We don’t have any relationship with the “Animation Node” project. MotionTool is a Node Based Animation Framework developed by our company and our goal is to provide in a long term a stable system to be used by professionals with ease, safety, documentation and full support. “Animation Node” as far as i saw is a “one man made” system.
About operation they are very distinct, Animation Node is “Scene Based” while our Implementation is “Object Based” and it make everything different. We don’t want to say what implementation is better for you, that you can check by yourself, i only can say that we spend and we will keep spending a lot of time to Design and Code the system that we would like to use in our studio to get the job done and we are sure that we are achieving this goal.

If there’s anything that you think MotionTool need just let us know, during this BETA we are collecting all feedbacks to make a roadmap for next versions, almost every feature of MotionTool 0.2 (next release) was based on community feedback already in just 1 week.

Cheers!

Just want to say that all you said about my Animation nodes is correct (except for a little addition by jasper) :slight_smile:

MotionTool BETA 0.2 Release

Is a Great pleasure to us present the MotionTool BETA 0.2 release.

MotionTool was released October, 1th and was widely welcomed by the community. In just 1 week it’s already in the Top3 Best Selling products of BlenderMarket, for that we want to say thank you!
During this time we have collected a lot of ideas and suggestions of buyers and non buyers, we have already included a lot of these ideas in MotionTool 0.2

So here is our Full Release Log for BETA 0.2:
NEW NODES:

• New “Condition” (If) Node
  • New Compare Float Node: >=, <=, !=, == Operators
  • New Logic Node : NOT,AND,NAND,OR,NOR and XOR Operators
  • New “Anim Float” and “Anim Vector” Node with ease equations: LINEAR, IN QUAD, OUT BACK, OUT QUAD, INOUT QUAD, more to coming.
  • New Set Float and Set Vector Modifier to easy change modifier values without set it path, just the name and parameter.
  • New “Set Boolean” Attribute Node
  • New “Float to Boolean” and “Boolean to Float” Node Converters

New “Group ID” Input that give own ID of a Group. Return 0 if don’t have the selected group

UPDATES:

• New Modes of ID Group assign: By Name, By Axis ( Position ) and Random
  • Min ID value = 0
  • Math Float : Added ABS, POW, MIN, MAX and COS Operators
  • More Ease Equations for Anim Transform: In Cubic, In Quadratic, Out Cubic, Out Quadratic, In Out Quadratic. (Patch by Thomas Beck Thanks!)
  • Automatic Set it Init parameters when Set a new Diagram for the Object
  • Input Object Transform now have a “self” option to get own transforms per frame.
  • Categories better organized : Flow Control, Inputs, Transform, Effects, Attr Set, Attr Get, Data, Math, Logic.
  • All Functions now in Object -> MotionTool Menu Too.

CORE UPDATES:

• Minimum requirement for MotionTool is Blender 2.72 now
  • “Set Properties” functions now have a “Update Scene” Option in Node Properties. Up to 3X speedup when disabled (default disabled, only necessary if handle Mesh Data like verts, points etc… Or you can enable a “Update Data Pass” in Object Relation Panel )
  • Better code organization since it was scaling fast

BUG FIXES:

• “Get Float” Node was not working right
  • More than 25 little bug fixes and Cleanups
  • Fixed Bug on Create Group IDs

DOCUMENTATION:

• [SAMPES] Updated all Samples to Blender 2.72 and added Frames to better reading
  • [MANUAL] Updated to MotionTool BETA 0.2 version

Go get it in BlenderMarket

That is just the begining we are already working in new features and huge improvements for MotionTool 0.3 and we want to listening you too, how MotionTool can be better for you?!
Cheers! :wink:

you going to keep doing this in both threads? Seems a little overkill.

Here we are posting all development and discussion about features requests and others. There is just a Placeholder with the “Latest News” as the Category say.
If moderators think it’s not good they can talk with us of course.

I bought 0.1 - how do I update to 0.2? The cgcookie market wants me to buy it again, there is no link on your site, no email received as a customer. Is this the way you intend it to work?

When I need to do some motion graphics in recent works, this tool coming out, I believe it will become a powerful tool.This is my workflow, with compositor and VSE cache I got a feel of after effect plus node system !

PS:Realtime feedback and playback rate is very important for motion graphics IMHO.

Attachments

Remember that you can fade in the VSE too. You cannot access layers from a scene in the VSE but you can select alternate cameras. So you can animate all the elements together but treat the cameras as layers in the VSE.

Hi @harrisyu , today that’s exactly the way to handle Alpha for BI and if you have a individual material per object you can use it for cycles too (just set the Transparency Node instead). We will implement specific nodes to handle BI and Cycles materials soon.

There’s a experimental feature in MotionTool 0.2 that you can use to get a preview in viewport of the material animation.
Open the Properties Panel (“N”) of the Set Float node and mark the “Update Scene” option, that function redraw your scene each frame and you get a viewport update in realtime of your alpha animation. That’s experimental because it hits a bit the performance and is not necessary for most of the functions.

http://puu.sh/c9lGx/2dd7900458.png

News of MotionTool 0.3

New Repeat Node:
Trigger at a fixed frame rate to repeat the next operator nodes. Much easier now to make cyclic animations and enable cyclic animations with nodes that use ease interpolations.

http://puu.sh/carUx/fb6dce5b25.png

New Unified Interpolation System:
Interpolation system was rewritten from scratch and now have a unified system and with all 29 ease interpolations mode!
Performance do not change and it’s much better to read and maintain. They are already applied to all Anim functions (Position,Scale,Rotation,Float,Vector)

http://puu.sh/cas71/48ac44a194.png

Hi! Can you explain in more detail?

You can perform a simple fade between objects just usingthe vse. But the vse ddoesn’t provide render layers. To simulate render layers you can place objects on seperate layers but then add a duplicate camera on yhat layer.
In the vse a scene strip can switch between these cameras. In this way you can fade between versions of scene strips.

Hi @3pointEdit We are working in many color functions this week to be released in MotionTool 0.3

The Set Vcol is ready, that way you can use Vcol to fade objects that share the same material in cycles. Take note that it’s a low performance node to be used in realtime with high poly meshes, but is nice with low poly and < 100 objects. We are working in many optimizations for it.

http://puu.sh/cbKbe/d4f7fcc9ce.png

We done already too a Make Color Node and a Anim Color with all Interpolation modes is on the way.

http://puu.sh/cbKd1/bfd7197193.png

Cheers!

News:
New Fully Online Documentation will be released with MotionTool 0.3

http://puu.sh/cbRLF/d76ed4ab50.jpg

NEWS:
That was our Request list from users until now and it status:

• New Assign ID Groups Modes ( DONE, released in MotionTool 0.2)
  • Conditional Nodes (DONE, released in MotionTool 0.2)
  • Logic Gate Nodes (DONE, released in MotionTool 0.2)
  • New Interpolation System (DONE, to be released next version )
  • Repeat Node (DONE, to be released next Version )
  • Better Datablock Manager to not loose diagrams used or keep garbage ones (DONE, to be released next Version)
  • Implement all Ease Interpolation Modes (DONE, to be released next Version )
  • Fcurve Nodes (DONE, to be released next Version )
  • Compare Float/Vector (WIP, Compare Float released in MotionTool 0.2)
  • Set Modifiers, Shape Keys, Materials, Constraints ( WIP, Modifier and Shape Keys already released in MotionTool 0.2, Constraints in next release, Materials in WIP)
  • Better Documentation (WIP, Online Docs will ne released next version )

We are studding to postpone MotionTool BETA 0.3 in 1 week and release it as MotionTool 1.0 since we are much close of a stable and full featured product and our deadline are too close too. We want to collect all feedback possible and release it in 3th or 4th November.

Cheers!

I have a NodeTree with an array modifier and a group delay. The count value of the modifier is animated by motion tool.
Is there a way to reset the count value on famre one? I think this is a porblem for all animated modifiers.