Molecular addon available v1.0.2 for Blender 2.77

Fun stuff PyroEvil, very cool looking. Thanks.

Lesson is why Python is being used in the first place with Blender, Even more so with the real time system (sorry but it’s so poor i cant call it Blender game engine). C++ people!, Code blocks, MinGW, Blender has no excuse for python ties any more.

I will respectfully disagree. However this addon is really cool.

wonderful!! cannot try because I am without a proper pc, but this is a great news!! Cannot wait to play with it!

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Are you just uneducated on the matter, or do you really not see the difference between a scripting language and a pre-compiled one? EVERY major 3D package has some kind of script bindings to deeper operations in the package. Maya itself has been making the switch from MEL standard to python standard for a few years now. No one wants to completely recompile Blender every time they need to run a new script or add an addon.

You sure know how to make yourself look kinda silly :wink:

Ever heard about the meaning of scripting or macro tool generation?

If you want and can code everything faster in C++ please do so and show us :wink:

Oh wow! So insightful!

Dani
PS: CodeBlocks? Seriously and you say Python is outdated? Ok, no arguing, I invoke ‘irreconcilable points of views’ :wink:

Please get to know your stuff before ridiculing yourself further, thanks!

This addon is awesome. I just don’t mess around with the particles or physics engine enough to really appreciate it but a huge thanks for creating it and giving it away to us :slight_smile:

I was still having trouble installing but it occured to me I was using my latest build
went and tried 2.66 a 64 bit Win7 and it worked fine
this looks like a great new feature, thanks for the effort
by the way, the error I got with my latest build was
" ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found"
that was using mingw64

thanks again
Dave

For the game engine, yes. Python is not the speediest scripting language out there and not the best choice for a real-time game engine.

However, there are several factors that make Python ideal for 3D scene scripting and basic plugins:
1.) Probebly the most popular, widely known and well used. This means there are hundreds of learning resources and articles on advanced subjects.
2.) Is becoming very popular in other 3D and 2D (compositing) programs as the scripting language of choice. Maya, Houdini, Modo, C4D, Lightwave, Nuke, Fusion, etc. Therefor, people coming from other 3D and compositing programs will feel right at home and possibly bring a lot of innovation to Blender.
3.) Is arguably the easiest scripting language to learn due to simple syntax and readability.

I’m not trying to invalidate your argument but there are some really good reasons why people choose Python over all the other scripting languages. But, I agree that for a game engine and other real-time applications it’s not quite appropriate.

EDIT: LOL! I just read all the responses! Well, I guess you see, most people will disagree with you. :wink:

Maybe not, but C++ isn’t a replacement in any case

Stunning stuff.

Thanks to everyone for good comments !

Python and C/C++ language are different and it’s used for different tasks. You need to choose the right languages for the right tasks. For my addon I wrote it first in python to prototype it. When I see it’s potential , I wrote it in C with the help of Cython. I use python scripted tools alot in many compagny and on many commercials and big featured movies. So I think Blender is on the good tracks by keeping python for the most of it’s tools.

For me Cython is a good transition to learning compiled language. It’s my first compiled tool and I never study to be a developper , I’m just a 3D artist with some interest for programming and learning it by myself in my free time.

Looks like a very interesting plugin. Could do with a quick tutorial though - for us Blender noobs :wink:

I provide a samples zip file with coupled of blend file examples sor learning. I don’t have enough time to make a tuto for now. Sorry :frowning:

NOTE: Not support OSX for now. Sorry. Linux version doesn’t work with OSX. I need to find a way to compile it for this platform without having to buy a Mac :slight_smile:

Hey Pyroevil,
Awesome work, on the molecular, amazing results you have there.:RocknRoll:
Just curious, would they be able to run a windows version on a Mac with http://www.winehq.org/?
I know that this is not optimal, being a hack, a Mac build would be better.
But some may be able to get some test out of it.
I remember using it for one of my sons to play his windows games on Ubuntu.
I’m not sure if it would werk or not for Mac. They do advertise mac as an option tho

Cheers,
~Tung

I’m totally amazed by your work PyroEvil. Once I get over the shock, I’ll start digging to see what it can do :wink:

@Pyroevil

not sure what I love more the video or the sounds in the video, maybe both.
So would you mind telling me where you got those sounds from and are they free?

Claas

about Python and C++ (as this is my approach for the MSMesher / still developing and fixing bugs to work on all GPUs if possible)

Python is great for “Outlining DATA” , so you can make interfaces with it,connection between the user and the program
on the other hand C++ is almost the fastest core language,as it interacts directly with the memory and pointers

so what I do in my addon is just make interface with Python,take the data through CTypes module,do heavy calculations with C++ and OpenCL,then give data back to Python to work on

conclusion: you can use any language with Blender Python CTypes module as long as you are strong in C/C++ and Python

Looks nice. But is there any way to use this with an actual unwrapped, textured mesh?