Modern House

Wow! You’re a pro at this! How do you make the vegetation so realistic?

Really nice renders, they look pretty realistic. I alwyas add a perlin noise as a bump and than enlarge it make the windows look less flat.

One thing which i always find difficult is to make all textures about the correct and even size. Does any one have some tips for this?

Great model.

dude i love this glass!

SSS, mate :slight_smile:

Thanks to all of you! :smiley:

Hey, great job! The materials looks very good. Are you a member of the architecure academy? You should try the competition with this image :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Marcus. No, I’m not.

Sorry for asking but does the grass etc have a volume? Cause if not SSS is useless, doesn’t SSS need a real volume in blender to take affect. If the grass etc are simply planes than translucency is good

how did you do the foliage? it looks awesome! :slight_smile:

Hi rombout, the closest to the camera have volume.

Hi @Gremllin, the trees are from Architecture Academy, the grass is mine.

oh! just wondering cuse i suck with modeling foliage…nice work

Great renders with well made nature assets. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much AlinB. :slight_smile:

This is excellent! Really believable, I feel like I’m there. The reflections in the windows and the shadows cast by the trees from outside of the shot really contribute a lot. I think this should win some sort of photorealism contest. :slight_smile:

Yes, I have found translucency shaders work well for foliage, but sometimes they come out too dark. However this can be fixed by mixing with Add shaders. Might be a solution for grass, leaves, etc which don’t have a volume.
I realized this by studying the shader used in the BlenderGuru towels tutorial because I happened to be working on a plant around the same time I was following it. Plants and fabrics can share similar properties in how they interact with light.

Great renders. About as realistic as it will get. I’m sure you could clean up some of the bad parts, but I probably wouldn’t be worth the effort. Also, congrats on feature row! It’s nice to see a realistic render up there again!

Well done Sebastian, the foliage looks top notch and nice job on the compositing. I guess if there was one thing I would have done different is maybe add some windows or something on the left side of the building. It looks a little plain for being the front of the house. But everything else looks fantastic, and congrats on the feature.

Really nice and you say you didn’t modify it from Architecture Academy? The glass is amazing the grunge is well used too, the whole scene is professional quality. How long have you been using Blender? If you say less then a year I will hang my head in shame. Seriously beautiful work.

terrific rendering. did you model and texture everything yourself?

the light is pretty nice!