MIG 21 over Vietnam

Awesome man

Did you create the textures for the plane yourself? Excellent job!

Thanks for your nice words ryfer88 & blenderfan.
@blenderfan: yes I created textures on my own. I had a little computer (1*2 ghz and 2 gb ram and chipset CG) so it was hard to handle textures with more than 2048px size and a half resoltion (about 150). I think you can see it on the bump maps. It is - imo - less significant on reflectivity maps.

Thanks again for comments !

So good, great job.

Thanks Skrilla for nice words !

Nice! Awesome!

Thanks Bshep, very appreciated

Wow, nice work! Are you only rendering stills of it, or are you also going to animate it?

I sat in the cockpit of one of these at ramstien afb. in w.germany in 1983…defected from the east…they also had a mig. 25 foxbat…outstanding work , right down to the exposed rivetry on the fusealage …spot on, great job!

Thanks !

@synck: for the moment, I only rendered stills. I’m working on something else now, but maybe I will animate something with it. But nothing planned yet. Thanks for kind words

@bro.steve77: lucky man ! And foxbat is also an awesome plane imo. Thanks for kind words too, appreciated.

looks amazing!

Absolutely beautiful…

Hi, thanks a lot calvinhall and lockheed, much appreciated.

Very nice work! Looking very realistic

Thanks gandoza. Currently working on anoher one, but I’ve still some new renders to do on this one :slight_smile:

That really is amazing!!!

I’m somewhat new to Blender, so please pardon me if this is a silly question. You mentioned that you used Photoshop for post-production, and I was wondering what that meant. What needed to be done beyond the built-in rendering?

Thanks for any answers, and you really did a greeeeat job!!

Hi, first of all thanks a lot. There is no silly question :wink: I use photoshop in post production for example to work around the air displacement on the jet exhaust. I make some adjustments on levels, contrast, etc. To be honest, maybe Blender built-in compositor could achieve the same things. But it’s my workflow, I use to make some effects and adjust colors etc. in PS.

Hope it helps, thanks again for nice word !

Real nice! Good job!

Give me some time and I might change your mind.

Again, great work, and thanks for your response!

@coolfield7 : thanks, appreciated
@BlenderHawkBob : :smiley: you are welcome, thanks.