Metalhey's Sketchbook

I’m a really big fan of Pacific Rim and anything Guillermo del Toro does. I wanted to try my take at a Kaiju bust, this was over the week, a few hours before bed each night.

Here is another with a different lighting effect

Almost 3 million tris. 1000 sample.

Here is a Hellboy Bust. Sculpted over the week.

I’ve been doing a lot of sculpting, one day i hope to be a creature/monster designer. But I wanted to take a break and model something different. I’m a big World of Warcraft fan so I thought I would try my hand at Thralls Doomhammer.

Still have some work to do, any critiques are welcome!

Hello all, I haven’t posted in a while been busy getting my new career going. Here is something I’ve been working on in my free time.

Here is an update on the Orc I sculpted.

The top helm and bottom were sculpted seperetly with Dyntopo, same with the Skull and armour plate it lays on.

Some anatomy study I did.

Study I did on the mouth.

you are getting better and better, glad to see your anatomy studies, keep workin :slight_smile:

Thanx for the kind words :slight_smile:

More lips.

A creature sculpt bust I did, took me a few hours. I wanted to do some kind of sea monster, incorporating bits of coral in the sculpt.

Rendered in cycles.

I’ve been studying a lot of anatomy the last few weeks, mostly for the head. This is a head sculpt I did based off of what I learned.

I feel like I’m starting to understand how the face is structured a little bit better now, and what creates the surface forms.