Metalhey's Sketchbook

I followed a cool teddy bear tutorial the other day, and I wanted to try it by myself, without the tutorial. The training wheels off.

I Love Blender Bear.

The balloon, gift and heart was my own touch.

Hard surface sculpting practice.

I really like the skull and the loud mouth demon!

I haven’t tried sculpting yet … I’ve been working with the more rigid vertices, but I would love to try this type of stuff.

Do you have any links to tutorials that helped you along the way?

Thanks!
EAT_MY_PAINTINGS

Thanx!

Masterxeon1001 on youtube has some great videos on sculpting, also Max Puliero. His videos are long with no audio but you can follow what he does and the workflow he uses.

This helped me alot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO58JyGh7SM

My advice is to watch a lot of Digital Sculpting videos and watch how the pros do it.

I like your creature designs. Also that hard surface one looks like it can be developed into a really cool set of armour

Thank you.

That was my plan for the hard surface sculpt, once i get time i’ll probably retopo it and see where it goes from there.

Here is a model I’ve been working on since the weekend. A character from Mega Man

Fireman

Hey-Metalhey,

You’ve got a pretty cool concept hidden inside of that hard surface sculpting practice.
Something like a stylized sci-Fi bionic character. I did a paintover on it of what I see there.

http://edge-loop.com/images/blender/Metalhey_paintover.gif

Keep at it!

Haha I did not see that in there.

Some mutation that came by playing with the snake hook.

Front

Back

Update on my model, Fireman.

He is suppose to have a flame on his head but I’m not sure how to go about it.

Something simple.

Pocket Watch

Here are some head sculpts I doodled, trying to practice my anatomy.

I sculpted the eyes closed because i wanted to focus more on the structure of the face, and since eyes are tough to do. One step at a time.

Another hardsculpt practice.

Another skull Sculpt. I find this one better then the last.

Another head sculpt i did. Having a little troubles with proportions and adding detail to make it look semi real.

A head study that turned into this old man

Still working on proportions

I sculpted a skull and layed out the muscles on the face for some practice. I used that to sculpt a humanoid/alien head.

A creature sculpt I am working on