Marc's Sketchbook

here’s a creepy snake

Loving #23! :smiley:

thanks Vicky. It took me months to actually finish that. Well, really, I put it off for several months then finally decided to get back to it.

I don’t think I could have done it if it were not for the wonderful ability of Blender’s copy and paste of assets from one running instance to another. That really helps with cleaning and managing a scene’s various components.

Here’s a game model that’s almost ready for export; I still have to remap the textures to more efficient UV coordinates. It has various textures that were mostly created using Cycles Bake. The specular intensity and hardness each have unique textures to control different parts of the material; there is also an Emission mask used for the same purpose. There are 2 materials, one for the body and the other for the armor.

Here is the model of me exported and GLSL-ifyed

Here is the overworld for the original Legend of Zelda built into 3D. It’s mostly Dynatopo sculpting combined with Cycles shader nodes so far. Oh yes, and lots of vertex painting for blending the various surfaces together.

Now it will been seen how effectively the detail can be baked to textures using Cycles Baking with the idea that it can all be transferred over to whatever game engine is being used.

Here’s the Cycles AO bake using pure white Diffuse shaders and a pure white sky. For the above image, the AO has not been added in yet.

and a little further along now,

the lowlands are filled in a bit.

Attachments

the new Cycles material attribute -> ‘Pointiness’ is being used to accentuate the edges for the rocky areas.

Also, AO was baked twice, once with Blender Internal and once with Cycles Diffuse White Sky. This was used to transition the large rocks together with the main background set. The Blender internal pass was configured to do give more of a sharp crevice darkening and this was multiplied against the softer Cycles AO.

The trees use an atlas that is 4 textures in one. The UV’s are scaled and offset 4 times using for node chains so that they can be mixed together using a combination of position and the random info node.

That’s so cool… sorta reminds me of Legend of Zelda in a way.

Perhaps you could make a real-time version of the entire map and even build in the dungeons. I was never a Zelda fan, but the style of the map looks like eyecandy in the purest form of the word (seriously, parts of it really does look like candy topped with sugar).

@@Xraygunner It’s based on the Legend of Zelda! Glad it’s at least somewhat recognizable :slight_smile:

@@Ace_Dragon It’s meant to be a game asset so hopefully it will be a real-time version soon enough. I started the dungeons earlier this year. You can see parts of the first three on the previous page, they are loaded to Sketchfab.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. :slight_smile:

Note to self: SnapShot meshes.

It looks like this can be used to remove all the insets and control loops after image maps are baked for a model.

Here’s Cycles AO and pointiness baked to one of the statues from the overworld. This will be one of those fellows that comes to life when the character bumps into him.

I plan to make two types, one stone and one corroded copper like the material from the following site. http://imgur.com/a/Uc2yp#0 made by Anthony Pilon.

decided to take the copper material a bit further. It seems like it would make a nice dungeon level. :slight_smile:

Those copper parts look awesome :yes: