Make a Bird Contest *Entries Now Closed*

Solarforge, That’s very nice, however there was one thing you made, the cartoon crow? what was the progress on the cartoon crow?
And also, the little birdy looks cute! You made a 2d bird in the blend file, which is a well done.

YHOHO, The Origami Birds are beutiful, great entry!

islara1, that scene is beutiful, I love it.

Hi dewy60, the image of that crow that I posted originally comes from here :

I started to try out a few things but never got around to finishing anything, anyway, that doesn’t matter ! next time :slight_smile:

Obviously an attempt at Piero…I like the look I accomplished, but my rig simply does NOT work and I CANNOT figure out why. It’s almost like it kind of worked as I was making it, then I put the project away for a month, and when I picked it back up, the rig just…sucks. It doesn’t work. And I don’t know that I have the wherewithal to rebuild it…but I really wanted to animate this guy :confused:

Also, somehow in the entire modeling and rigging process, it never dawned on me that his shoulders are a couple “inches” too low, and that REALLY bothers me now.

If I had to make it again, I would fix the shoulders and find out why the arms and wings just will not move properly… but just as importantly, I would like to work in “finger feathers” that I could move and animate like makeshift hands. Difficult? Probably…I don’t know…

But…all in all, it was a good learning experience.

arcarsenal, did you tell kent trammel what’s the problem?

Here is my non-competing entry: Miroslav, the bird of doom. The harbinger of madness, emperor of the wastelands.

Jesus G R, that’s cool! great work on your entry!

Thank you, dewy. Miroslav, the bird of doom, is the incarnation of carnage and desolation. The creator of sorrow, the harvester of souls. Miroslav, the bird of doom.

If You want to enter, this is your final chance. Enter the contest before April 30th, otherwise, the entries stage of the contest will be close after tommorow and into the voting stage.

my entry

3dbigsel, very impressive for your entry.