Los Angeles Blender Community

Yes, traffic can be ugly, that’s why I will be there about 4ish so I can catch anybody that can only come early. Come anytime though, this is a casual meet and greet meeting and for sure some sharing of work and tips.

I will be there until about 8:30pm, others might be later. So it’s plenty of time for anyone to drop in and meet the core group. Come by even if it’s just to say hi for a few minutes, your energy and input will help the group move forward.

This meeting has no scheduled agenda so coming after 6pm is not going to interrupt the meeting so come anytime. It’s more of a getting started and moving forward mixer.

We will loosely be kicking around official meeting ideas, like locations, basic format and such as well as how to keep everyone informed and involved, smaller local groups vs. bigger regional meetings. So as many people showing up even for a few minutes to give suggestions or just validation will help.

I set up a temporary chat room at freenode.net: #lablender for anyone who want’s to IRC chat today…I will be at my computer of and on today.

Confirming: Patrick Taylor - LA

I’ll get to the meetup ~6pm. Probably a quick meet-n-greet for me. (I’m fairly new to Blender, so I don’t have many tips to share). But I really want to support the Blender community in the area, and I figure the first step is ‘showing up’. See you there.

Hey!
I was just searching for a meetup group in LA about Blender. I’m in South Bay. Unfortunately I can’t go so far north on the 405 at rush hour, but I could do the West side or Long Beach easily. I’d prefer weekends too. I’ll see you on the IRC too!

RSVP: hopefully next time

I’ll prob drop by later on way back from work

I’m interested, can’t make it this time as I’m in Northern California this week. please put me on your mailing list.

Thanks, Brian Kumanchik

pointnclickdesign.biz
simflight3d.com

Hi all, im compiling a list of contacts for anyone interested in participating in upcoming meets. Just send me a message through BA at iRowebot or at [email protected]

DEFINITELY INTERESTED!

I have lived in LA for over 25 years. Would love to serve as the unofficial tour guide!

Will help with travel arrangements too!

I just read this post today and I am on my way. I know exactly where it is.

Ok, I am here at the starbucks. I am inside with a ‘blender’ sign on my laptop. I will be outside by the escalators by 6 pm if we run out of room on the inside

The meeting went well. Thanks to the 10 people who could make it and sorry to those who got stuck in traffic!
Sam and I will post meeting notes tomorrow.

I am meeting with south county and OC people tomorrow, Friday the 17th, at the cafe outside patio at The Depo at Santa Ana Metrolink Station from 2:45pm to 4:15pm.
I will have a blender sign and smoked landjager sausage from the Old World in HB. ;p

I counted 11 people last night. Damn, we should have taken a photo!

Hmmmmmm…I must have used some newfangled exclusive mathematical derivative set theory in my calculations of who to thank. Maybe I should have used an inclusive numerical algorithm which allowed me to count myself in the resulting thanks axiom concluding in and validating your sum of 11 ;p

I will be on Freenode.net IRC chat #lablender during the OC meeting. http://webchat.freenode.net… if you do not have a chat client.

OC meeting went well. I will post details later…there is a good group forming there. They will be up for the Saturday regional meeting next month.

I will be launching a San Diego blender users meeting tomorrow, Saturday the 18th from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. UCSD Price Center by south doors across from TapX! Boba tea time!

I will have a really big sign to attract new members from the passing students. Way south OC peeps are welcome also. I wil again be on #lablender IRC during meeting.

Just wanted to say thanks to JTA, irowebot, sam & stirling (sp?) for getting this off the ground.

peace & 42

Ok, I am back home on a real computer, lol…not on my phone making posts. Hey…THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR SOME GREAT MEETINGS! It’s great to see the blender energy in people and see a SoCal group finally get going. Everybody’s input is fantastic and making for the beginnings of an outstanding user group base.

I am busy planning/preparing for the San Diego meeting so I will send out emails and update everyone on the mailing list with the latest and greatest info. If you have not given me, Sam or IRoweBot your email, please do so in a PM and we will put you on the list. If you live anywhere in SoCal or Vegas I would suggest getting on the list. Lot’s of interesting things are taking place.

Catch up with you on Monday and thanks again for everybody’s support and bearing traffic issues to make it to the meetings.
JTa

The San Diego meeting went well at UCSD. A lot of people passing by stopped to take a look at the 2012 demo reel and my demo of sculpt since it was in an open area. I used an external widescreen monitor mirrored for people to see the laptop screen better. It worked well.

One of the research staff members art UCSD was able to make the meetup and will be supportive of the group. He has a lot of interesting ways he can benefit from and contribute to the group. He gave me some great ideas on how to get students involved.

Stay tuned for more info next week on how the group will be moving forward and on next month’s official first regional meeting.

Great news, can’t wait for the next meeting, thanks everyone.