Little Pirate

Very nice work, love all of it for the mood and the lighting, textures etc. 5 stars definitely

Absolutely beautiful,
keep it up, that’s a comment I don’t give out a lot.

That’s super impressive.
I’m not super fan of the main character pose but I must say this is an impressive piece of artwork.
Congrat!

I’m not sure if it’s your intention, but the kid’s pose gives the impression he’s guarding the chest since he’s facing away from the wall and only glancing at it. Either way it’s a very stale, I think turning the right foot and the torso slightly more in the direction he’s looking would look more natural. The left arm should either be more relaxed or, if weighted down by the sword, directed straight down.

Other than that, the mermaid looks awesome and the atmosphere is perfect. Great work!

Excellent!
What did you do in After effects ?

Stunning work!

Incredible work Lezly. Beautiful and interesting in so many levels! The siren took me by surprise, made me think of Beowulf’s theme in kids disguise. It even moved me from lurker to first time commenting by the way;D
Loving this community. Thanks for the great effort and value that you all are putting here.
I cannot thank you enough.

This awesome, loving fantasy lighting !

ProteinPannkaka, Yes you’re right, his big boots disturbed me a little during posing. but his saber touches the ground , I know it’s hard to see , but yet there is a small shadow. ^^

Thanks Strato79 et thank you everyone. And I forgot to say this in this forum : thank you for the featured ! ^^

Yes, this “me gusta” a lot :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Fantastic, i like it :slight_smile:

Good job. Very nice!

Can you say what advantages After effects has over blender compositing… I would just like to know… Thanks

Hy, I’m just used to make compositing with after effect. And I prefer this software for the compositing because it’s like photoshop but I can change everytime effects and colour grading.

wow, this is a fantastic work. reminds me a little bit of Goonies. :slight_smile: do you have any tutorials available, or any insight into your work flow? do you sculpt the characters in the positions they’re in, or do you rig them and pose them?

Lezly, how did you light of the lamp? This is point light?
Sorry for my english too))

Bonjour from USA.
I saw this on Blender Guru’s top 10 for August and I have to say it’s really great! It looks like a project that you had fun with.

I give you a huge high five my friend ^^

Love the contrast with the cool scary tone in the background and the warm colour tone with the lamp. Great style, looks like a major animation film project.