Little Pirate

Fantastic!!

Hey Lesly!

Beautiful!!! a lot of details! Good job!
Nice to see it featured in Blender Nation!

Mathias

fantastic, really nothing to critisize :slight_smile:

Thanx jjjiho. ^^
Salut MathiasA de blenderlounge ! Ah bah je suis flatté que mon taff apparaît dans blendernation, je n’savais pas !

A lot of work in this image

Well I think this is very good! I love the colors, and the treasure chest.

can we see how the image looks raw, and after blender compositing?

She’s hot :eyebrowlift: Great work!

Wow! really good. Sexy mermaid… :eyebrowlift2: nice pirate too :smiley:

Love this. Really do. Can’t put my finger on anything.

Awesome image!
Since nobody dares to write any criticism I might as well write something.
It seems like you have some issues with styles contrasting each other.
The kid pirate seems like a character you would see in a kids movie for viewers age 8-12, though the mermaid and the colors of the rest of the piece seems very sinister and pretty adult too.
This might be something you were striving for, but I think some could feel alienated from the image, and maybe even disapprove of it. I personally think that the pirate is very out of place right next to the mermaid’s chest.
And I’m not talking about the age of the pirate - you called it little pirate, so I expect him to be a child, but the stylization of him is too innocent for the very differently stylized mermaid behind him.
Just my thoughts.

Again, awesome work.

:)Very Nice, Looks like a book story. can please tell us render time and specs?

beautiful piece of work…

-Nita

Wonderful!

Really loving the lighting you came up with on this piece. Nicely done.

So happy to be featured, thank you very much people, and thank you blender artist ! :smiley:

I understand your reasoning but me, I’m a child of the eighties. Basically, when I was child, the kids movies were The Secret of Nimh, Neverending Story, The Land before Time etc… very darkly movie BUT for kids. (and for me, mermaids are naked, they’re mythological creatures not Disney creations. That why this atmopshere doesn’t bother me. But I you understand. And thanx. :slight_smile: (I hope you undestands my world, because again, my english is pretty bad… ^^")

Finalbarrage… If you want. ^^

The foreground without compositing.

And some others passes…

Attachments

I love it, thanks for sharing.

Excellent work!

The only thing I’m seeing is,… the feet being side by side on the little pirate makes the pose seem a little stiff.

However, I gotta say, very inspiring!

take care
Joe

Nicely done.

Is there any subsurface scattering on the boy’s face? His face looks a little more plastic and doll-like than the mermaid’s.

Amazing! How long did it take to model the mermaid?